PDA

View Full Version : Long exposure with Velvia

Thomas A. Castelberg
21-Jul-2000, 06:14
There was a recent question about long exposures in available light. I'm rather new to this subject. The longest exposures I've done were about 12 seconds. I wo rk with Fuji Velvia. I've often read that for longer exposure times in color a c olor correction filter (CC) is a must. There a plenty of them, however. How do I know what filter I need for Fuji Velvia at a certain exposure time? Thanks for your help.

Vinod
21-Jul-2000, 07:33
I do mostly available light still life. So I end up with long exposures with Velvia. I've done exposures upto 4 minutes with no problems.

John H. Henderson
21-Jul-2000, 11:15
According to Fuji, you need somewhere between a 7.5M and 10M filter to correct color.

Fuji and Kodak have datasheets for their film (including long exposure compensations) on the web. I assume that if you can post here and read these messages, that you can access them.

For the Velvia info, see http://www.fujifilm.com/AF3-960E.pdf

BTW, Fuji doesn't recommend exposures over 32 seconds for Velvia.

Julio Fernandez
21-Jul-2000, 14:21
I am familar with the Velvia data sheets but these provide only limited information for exposures up to 32 seconds with appropriate magents filtration. Although exposures beyond 32 seconds are not recommended by Fuji, I know that accomplished photographers expose Velvia for 32 minutes and more. I also would like to know from those that have actually exposed Velvia, what happens when longer than 32 second exposures are required, what filtration and time compensation are required and what colour deviations occur without filtration.