PDA

View Full Version : software Dongle for ICG350i

james zhou
14-Sep-2007, 10:48
I brought a ICG350i with software but no dongle. A Dongle is the small device connected between your keyboard and your computer that is an essential part of old software in the 90's. I have heard that it could cost $5,000 if purchased from ICG. Does any one know a way to fix this problem? I know people lose them easily but there should also be broken down scanners that may have a good dongle. Anyways, any suggestion is welcome. And FYI, if you are in the market for one, make sure there is one with the machine otherwise you are stuck:). Regards! jim

jetcode
15-Sep-2007, 08:26
I brought a ICG350i with software but no dongle. A Dongle is the small device connected between your keyboard and your computer that is an essential part of old software in the 90's. I have heard that it could cost $5,000 if purchased from ICG. Does any one know a way to fix this problem? I know people lose them easily but there should also be broken down scanners that may have a good dongle. Anyways, any suggestion is welcome. And FYI, if you are in the market for one, make sure there is one with the machine otherwise you are stuck:). Regards! jim

The dongle is the security key, no dongle no software. If you are a competent hack you can try to reverse engineer the executable and defeat the dongle. Best bet is to buy one from ICG. For the life of me I can't figure out why the ICG350i isn't enough dongle for the software that they had to protect their software from stand-alone desktop use.