PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Australia

Keith
8-Sep-2007, 16:17
Hi I'm from Melbourne Australia and just joined the site.

I've been shooting Landscapes for quite a while with all different formats. I had a monorail a few years back but as you could imagine hiking with it was a nightmare so I gave it up, but every time I look at the chromes I have been wanting to get back to LF so I have just brought a Shen Hao and stuff and going to start shooting LF again.

So a big hello, or do I have to sound Australian and say G'day

Anyway looking forward to learning more stuff from around the forums

Keith Anderson

Capocheny
8-Sep-2007, 17:42
G'day Keith,

Welcome to the forum... it's a great place to hang your hat for awhile!

Must be spring in your neck of the woods?

Cheers

roteague
8-Sep-2007, 18:07
Hi Keith,

Welcome from Hawaii. There are a bunch of members here, and on APUG from Australia that shoot LF, so I know you won't feel lost. I visit Australia almost every year; I'll be there again in just about two weeks. I'll be in Bright, Victoria. I'm sure you know where that is.

OldBikerPete
9-Sep-2007, 03:01
G'day and a welcome from Melbourne. I use a Wista 45 for my landscapes.

munz6869
9-Sep-2007, 03:25
Hi Keith, Welcome from Melbourne as well - I just dragged my Graphic View around the Diamond Creek Fair yesterday, photographing camels and WW2 reenactments... hours of fun!!

Marc

kevin kelly
9-Sep-2007, 06:57
Hi Keith-hello from the other side of the world!

Michael Wynd
9-Sep-2007, 15:21
Hi Keith, from Geelong. I just sold my Shen Hao to Mick Fagan in Melbourne and am now using a Tachihara 8x10. Welcome to the site. There is so much good information and experience here.
Mike

Paul Ewins
9-Sep-2007, 16:56
Hi Keith,
I'm also in Melbourne, just past the end of the Eastern Freeway. I've been shooting 4x5 for a while and have recently got the 8x10 bug although I haven't shot anything yet as my darkroom is being rebuilt.

Paul

Mick Fagan
10-Sep-2007, 06:27
Hello Keith, you know already what I'm using, probably the same model as your camera.

Maybe most of us could get together over summer, before or after the heat, perhaps November or late March?

Mick.

munz6869
10-Sep-2007, 22:08
Oh I'm definitely up for that - it would be nice to roam around with some other LF-ers, if only so they can tell me "...Marc, you've been doing it all entirely wrong, all this time..." - November or March are both good for me at this time!

Marc

Keith
11-Sep-2007, 01:36
Thanks for the welcome, Great to see so many Australians and from Melbourne, Would love to do a feild trip with a few fellow Lf's.

Anthony Lewis
11-Sep-2007, 04:00
I reckon I should say Hi from Sydney. It appears all the LF shooters in Australia live in Melbourne. I've got Sinar and Toho gear.
"Film is a craft and a love, and art is the child. It’s difficult to fall in love with a pixel."

Michael Wynd
11-Sep-2007, 23:32
Anthony,
you could always do what Graeme and Steve did in 2006. Graeme drove from Kalgoorlie and Steve drove from Adelaide. It's only a hop skip and a jump from Sydney to Melbourne
Mike

Anthony Lewis
19-Sep-2007, 03:51
Mike, sometimes I think all LF's in Australia should have their own association - just so we all keep in contact.

roteague
19-Sep-2007, 10:50
Anthony,
you could always do what Graeme and Steve did in 2006. Graeme drove from Kalgoorlie and Steve drove from Adelaide. It's only a hop skip and a jump from Sydney to Melbourne
Mike

Yes, in fact, I'll be driving, on Wednesday next week, from Sydney to Bright (not that far from Melbourne).

Paul Ewins
19-Sep-2007, 16:22
Ha! I might pass you on the road, as we'll be driving from Melbourne to Canberra.

Paul

roteague
19-Sep-2007, 17:12
Ha! I might pass you on the road, as we'll be driving from Melbourne to Canberra.

Paul

Hah!!! Hopefully, I won't be on the same side of the road as you. :eek:

Actually, I've driven over there a lot.... If it helps, I'll be driving a Ford Territory.

Michael Wynd
19-Sep-2007, 18:17
Anthony,
there's a thread on this site in the announcements section I think, that has a bit about a large format gathering that took place at Trentham in central Victoria in June. Perhaps we should look at having a get together either later this year or early next year.
Mike

Uri Kolet
19-Sep-2007, 23:36
Welcome from Vancouver in the Canadian Rockies, Keith; glad to have you here. I'd love to join you guys at an LF get-together in Australia, as we're starting daily nonstop
flights to Sydney in December. (Just as soon as I finish my calculations on depth of field in the antipodes - a formula more obscure than profound, involving Coriolis Force and inverse square roots - watch out Robert Teague!)

Carsten Wolff
29-Sep-2007, 19:43
Welcome, Keith and hi, all, from Tropical North Queensland.......nice to see all these Aussies on this forum (Does it seem there are more of "us" than there used to be? Could LF actually be on the up downunder?)

Leonard Metcalf
30-Sep-2007, 02:35
Welcome, I'm up here in The Blue Mountains. If you are ever up this way drop in and say hello. I would be interested in a gathering... so keep me posted. There are quite a few of us Aussies here at the forum. Definitely on the up..

Regards,

Len

Michael Gliatis
30-Sep-2007, 06:17
hi from sydney, im still building my camera (cambo ultima 23). I've got everything except the digital back and wide angle bellows, so i havent shot with it yet but I'm peeing my pants with anticipation.
i also would love to meet up when i get it going

Michael Wynd
30-Sep-2007, 17:43
Hi Michael,
welcome to the forum
Mike