PDA

View Full Version : canham sinar lensboard

Pronier Jean Claude
6-Sep-2007, 05:55
Bonjour à tous
Sorry to talk again about this subject, but I didn't find the answer searching in previous threads.
I 've a 8x10 Canham JMC and sinar type lensboard. Many of my lenses are mounted on linhof lensboard
To day I received a sinar/linhof adapter new from mpex store. The adapter doesn't fit well on JMC frame.
It's not easy to find where is the problem, I'm ready to adjust the adapter but prefer an advice. May be the canham frame is slightly rounded compared to the straight square sinar lensboard adapter.
Thanks for help
Jean claude

Jean-Marie Solichon
6-Sep-2007, 10:10
Hi Jean-Claude
It's a pity you didn't ask before buying from mpex. Andre Mouton, much closer to your home, provided a Sinar/Toyo adapter for me last year. I'm pretty sure he could have provided a Sinar/Linhof adapter for you starting from a Sinar lensboard you had tried before on your Canham.
Well I know ... this comment does'nt help you much :-(
Just athought : on a previous Arca/Toyo adapter I had a small play between Arca and Toyo boards (that is : not between the lens board and the camera as it seems to be your problem) but this never created any light leak or other problem. Then I suggest you to give your adadpter a try in real shooting conditions before trying to adjust it better.
Cheers
Jean-Marie