PDA

View Full Version : Fotoman 45PS

Jan Brittenson
5-Sep-2007, 22:58
Anyone used one of these yet? Any thoughts on field use and durability? Accuracy of the distance scales? Viewfinder masks? I'm looking to use one with a Nikkor SW 75/4.5 primarily, but also an Apo-Sironar-S 150 and probably something wider than the 75 eventually.

Michael Alpert
6-Sep-2007, 08:02
Thanks!That's Great!

The moderators of this forum might want to look at the recent insights that Beauty123 has offered here. Consistency, yes, but not exactly words of wisdom.

Jan, I also would appreciate hearing from someone whose has used any of the Fotoman LF cameras.

jetcode
6-Sep-2007, 08:47
The moderators of this forum might want to look at the recent insights that Beauty123 has offered here. Consistency, yes, but not exactly words of wisdom.

Jan, I also would appreciate hearing from someone whose has used any of the Fotoman LF cameras.

I had a Gaoersi 6x17 which has a similar footprint to the Fotoman. These are high quality image capture tools and I am sure you will find them quite useful in your work. I sold my Gaoersi because it had no bellows or movements whatsoever and that I missed greatly. It was likewise costly to add a new focal length to the system. That said there are many avid Fotoman users and the Fotoman line is excellent and well supported.

Jan Brittenson
6-Sep-2007, 13:02
Sounds like I get to be the guinea pig then! I'll report back when I have one in hand. :p

Scott Squires
6-Sep-2007, 17:22
Anyone used one of these yet? Any thoughts on field use and durability? Accuracy of the distance scales? Viewfinder masks? I'm looking to use one with a Nikkor SW 75/4.5 primarily, but also an Apo-Sironar-S 150 and probably something wider than the 75 eventually.

Ted Harris did a nice review of the Fotoman 45PS in the Sept/Oct 2006 issue of View Camera magazine. It sounded like a nice camera and worked well as a P&S. The price is very reasonable and the quality seems very good!

Scott

www.scottsquires.com

JPlomley
6-Sep-2007, 18:38
There is a fellow on P.net selling a 6x12 Fotoman with a Schneider 75 SA for $1500. Saw the pics and it is like new out of the box. If I did not have two more lenses to buy before the fall, I would have scooped this puppy up.

Jim Becia
7-Sep-2007, 05:23
While I do not own one, I have a friend who does have a Fotoman 617 and I have seen the camera though not used it. It seems to be extrememly well made. My friend tells me he loves the way it handles. Having used the Fuji 617, he said the Fotoman is made just as well. Spacing on the film is perfect. Currently he has it set up with a 90 and 180 lens. All in all, he is extremely pleased with the camera. Jim