PDA

View Full Version : Linhof to Arca lensboard adapter question...

Capocheny
4-Sep-2007, 20:39
Greetings to Arca Swiss users,

Having just picked up an Arca Swiss 4x5 (171)... it came with a lensboard adapter that allows me to use Linhof Technika mounted lenses.

However, when using a Copal 3 mounted lens... it's a challenge to release the board to change lenses.

What do/did you do to get around this problem?

Any modifications that you've done?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. :)

Cheers

aporodagon
4-Sep-2007, 22:11
Henry

If you have a small flat stick (like a popsicle stick) you can insert it between the lens and the release lever to release the Linhof board. Also make sure the lens is rotated so that the barrel protrusions aren't facing up towards the release lever. The earlier Arca/Linhof adapter boards are flat which makes them much easier to use with the Copal 3 than the current recessed adapter boards. Let me know if you want to try the flat adapter.

John

Capocheny
5-Sep-2007, 17:52
Thanks John...

Anyone else have any suggestions?

[With all the Arca Swiss users out there... I was SURE there would be more ideas or suggestions.:)]

Cheers

Richard Kelham
6-Sep-2007, 12:08
Do you really need to use the Copal 3 mounted lens on any other camera? If not why not just get an Arca board drilled for #3 – plenty of spare room there!

Richard

Capocheny
6-Sep-2007, 18:49
Do you really need to use the Copal 3 mounted lens on any other camera? If not why not just get an Arca board drilled for #3 – plenty of spare room there!

Richard

Hi Richard,

Yes, at the moment, the Copal 3 lenses are also being used on a Sinar X.

There's 3 lenses all mounted in Copal 3 shutters. :>0

Cheers