PDA

View Full Version : Whole-plate Colour Film

Richard K.
4-Sep-2007, 09:22
Just planning ahead....
Does anyone know of any colour (color) film available in full-plate size? Fuji maybe?

-Richard

Brian Vuillemenot
4-Sep-2007, 17:17
You will probably have to cut down 8X10 film to whole plate size.

Dirk Rösler
4-Sep-2007, 17:46
Fuji maybe?

No - Acros is made in half and quarter plate, that's as "exotic" as it gets...

Jason Greenberg Motamedi
4-Sep-2007, 18:15
Outside of the Ilford ULF program there are no regularly made full-plate sized films in B&W, so I can hardly see there being a market (yet) for color.

Steve Hamley
4-Sep-2007, 18:57
You will probably have to cut down 8X10 film to whole plate size.

Shoot 8x10 and cut it down post exposure rather than pre-exposure You'll save thousands.

Steve

David Karp
4-Sep-2007, 19:19
Of course, if you could put together a big enough group to buy $10,000 of Kodak color film then Kodak would run it and cut it to WP size for you. At least that is what they claim they will do.

Sal Santamaura
4-Sep-2007, 19:23
Shoot 8x10 and cut it down post exposure rather than pre-exposure You'll save thousands.

SteveSteve, why the crusade of discouragement? Even if 6.5 x 8.5 takes off, there will still be plenty of 8x10 shooters keeping film available for you. :) Really, we're not a threat.

RJ-
6-Sep-2007, 09:38
Outside of the Ilford ULF program there are no regularly made full-plate sized films in B&W, so I can hardly see there being a market (yet) for color.

Just migrated to whole plate from half-plate format and I'm a bit astonished to hear this.

I was informed whole plate film was still available - thus the move to whole plate.

Sal Santamaura
6-Sep-2007, 11:22

Just migrated to whole plate from half-plate format and I'm a bit astonished to hear this.

I was informed whole plate film was still available - thus the move to whole plate.

Retrophotographic in the UK appears to regularly stock 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 NP22. Go here:

http://www.retrophotographic.com/npfilms.htm

for more information. That should carry anyone through until Ilford's next special order period at the beginning of 2008.

Jason Greenberg Motamedi
6-Sep-2007, 11:26
I stand corrected...

RJ-
7-Sep-2007, 05:17
Retrophotographic in the UK appears to regularly stock 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 NP22. Go here:

http://www.retrophotographic.com/npfilms.htm

for more information. That should carry anyone through until Ilford's next special order period at the beginning of 2008.

Thank you Sal.

I got in touch and in case there is any interest, Retrophotographic UK have agreed to request an ISO 25 emulsion, NP15, traditional single silver emulsion layer, to be cut down into whole plate film size. This is likely to take 3 weeks if anyone wishes to order.

Antanas-Lukosevicius
7-Sep-2007, 08:16
that's a great idea Sal, I'll order some, Nigel Dear (Retro.) is a cool guy,

Anton

Antanas-Lukosevicius
7-Sep-2007, 09:44
I meant a great idea RJ- (and Sal)

A

Rob_5419
7-Sep-2007, 15:21
That's pretty good going RJ/Harry. I might join in then (although I'm still on target with my Ilford whole-plate lasting the rest of the year).

Does this mean that Wephota are willing to consider cutting down their other emulsions to wholeplate?

- Ilford FP4+
- Wephota NP15 (ISO 25)
- Wephoto NP22 ISO 100)
- Wephoto NP27 (ISO 400)

I'm curious to find out if anyone has compared the NP22 emulsion with the Ilford FP4+ emulsion in terms of its handling/developing/negative emulsion characteristics.

Dum de dum. Guess that will be me then.