PDA

View Full Version : Folding MPP Mk VIII & Optar 135 mm

nicom76
3-Sep-2007, 06:37
Hi to all large format lovers,
I just have the oportunity to by a MPP Mk VIII with Optar 135 mm . Camera, bellows and optic seems in tip top condition.
I wish to know if it is easy to find original owner manual (or facsimile) for this camera ?
Also importants points to be checked on MPP folding ?
Additional / replacement parts availability ?
Typical price in England for a similar camera ?
Many thanks for your answer (sorry for my bad practice of English language...)
Nicolas
Ps : You are invited to visit our Forum at : www.galerie-photo.com

Rodney Polden
21-Oct-2007, 02:43
I have an original of the manual for the Mk VIII. (Amazingly, and fortunate for you I think, it is in both English and French) I could probably scan and email it to you, though it might take a few days for me to set that up, since I have rather a lot happening at present (plus I need to use a friend's scanner). Alternatively, if you would like it in hard copy, I can maybe photocopy and mail it to you, if you feel like covering the cost. Maybe send me a PM with your details or whatever if that's a help.

They are wonderful cameras - mine repeatedly surprises me with its versatility.

If you just have one or two questions about the camera, ask away, and I'll see if I can answer.

Richard Kelham
21-Oct-2007, 05:42
Great cameras – especially the MkVIII – though I'm not so sure about the lens as it will have rather limited covering power. I use 90mm S/Angulon and 150mm Symmar-S on my MPP.

For detailed advice about manuals and spares you could try the MPP Users group at http://www.mppusers.freeuk.com/

Enjoy!

Richard