PDA

View Full Version : Cooke Portrait lens. Have you seen this lens?

Tri Tran
31-Aug-2007, 21:41
Dear Friends,
I had an opportunity to meet the owner and to see this set up 11x14. I’m totally amazed when I saw this lens in person. I was struggling when I took the lens of the board and put it back on. It weights a ton. Does anybody out there have any info on this lens or its original value? The picture included me for you to see the size of the lens. This set up is in immaculate condition so the lens. How much would you expect to pay for this set up? Regards.
TT

Hugo Zhang
31-Aug-2007, 21:58
TT,

Beautiful! A perfect lens for your 20x24 camera. You should consider to offer yourself to work as a slave for the owner of the camera for a full year to get it.:)

Hugo

Tri Tran
31-Aug-2007, 22:06
TT,

Beautiful! A perfect lens for your 20x24 camera. You should consider to offer yourself to work as a slave for the owner of the camera for a full year to get it.:)

Hugo

Hi Hi..Let's see what I can trade. Gelato or glasses :)

Mark Sawyer
31-Aug-2007, 22:16
Wow! I'd love to see an image from such a lens... The biggest production Cooke I know of is the 18" Portrellic f/4.5 for 11x14, but this one looks even bigger than that.

Does the owner use these?

Tri Tran
31-Aug-2007, 22:34
Wow! I'd love to see an image from such a lens... The biggest production Cooke I know of is the 18" Portrellic f/4.5 for 11x14, but this one looks even bigger than that.

Does the owner use these?

Mark,
Not yet! but I will try to bring it back alive.The one behind me is Cooke 18 inches. TT

Walter Calahan
1-Sep-2007, 05:17
What a beauty. Made before computers and CAD programs. The human touch, even when it weighs a ton, is always best.

I'm glad I own it's baby great-granddaughter, the XVa.