PDA

View Full Version : Arca 6x9 + Super Rollex 6x9 (for tech 23)???

Shtativ
30-Aug-2007, 11:10
Hello!

Have the arca-swiss F-line 6x9 adapter to use it with rotate super rollex 6x9 (for supertechnika 23)?

Frank R
30-Aug-2007, 14:15
I am having difficulty understanding your question. Please restate it in a different way.

David A. Goldfarb
30-Aug-2007, 14:36
I don't think there are adapters for Linhof 23 Super-Rollex backs to anything that's not Linhof. If you want to use a Super-Rollex back on an Arca, you probably need to use a Super-Rollex back for 4x5" with a 4x5" Graflok-type back and bellows on your Arca.

Mattg
2-Sep-2007, 05:36
I'm pretty sure that ALPAs can use a Super Rolex back but I haven't seen an adapter for Arca-Swiss. You might be able to have an adapter machined by SK Grimes but it would be expensive.

archivue
2-Sep-2007, 05:49
no, the super rollex 6x9 (for supertechnika 23) is not a standard baby graflock...

So for my Arca 69, i went with the Mamiya RB motor drive 6x8 back... much better than the horseman one's !

as other's mention, the linhof 4x5 super rollex are compatible with all the graflock 4x5 camera !

David A. Goldfarb
2-Sep-2007, 05:51
Alpa uses Super-Rollex backs that have been adapted for Alpa, and there are adapters for RB67 and Horseman/Arca-Swiss 6x7 and 6x9 backs, but the Linhof Super-Rollex backs for the Linhof 23 cameras are completely different in the way they attach to the camera.

A custom adapter for Linhof 23 backs to something else would probably be too expensive to be worth building, unless one has an otherwise defunct Linhof 23 camera to cannibalize.

On the other hand, Linhof Super-Rollex backs for 4x5" cameras fit anything with a Graflok-type back.

Mattg
2-Sep-2007, 19:13
Alpa uses Super-Rollex backs that have been adapted for Alpa, and there are adapters for RB67 and Horseman/Arca-Swiss 6x7 and 6x9 backs, but the Linhof Super-Rollex backs for the Linhof 23 cameras are completely different in the way they attach to the camera.
A custom adapter for Linhof 23 backs to something else would probably be too expensive to be worth building, unless one has an otherwise defunct Linhof 23 camera to cannibalize.

Yes I forgot, when I said it would be expensive, that the Linhof 23 has that bank vault style rotary locking mechanism. I'm pretty sure you could buy a TK23 for the cost of someone making an adapter from scratch.

Have you seen one of the Alpa backs David? Are they as complicated as the Linhof locking mechanism?

David A. Goldfarb
2-Sep-2007, 19:38
I've only seen pictures on the Alpa website. You could ask Roger Hicks on APUG, who has one. They look like they have basically a Linhof body and insert with an adapter plate that attaches with a Graflok type mechanism.

http://www.alpa.ch/index.php?path=products/backs_adapters/exclusive_alpa_roll_film_backs