PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Korona questions

ericantonio
27-Aug-2007, 10:33
1. How to replace the GG frame pins? The 2 pins in vertical position seems stubby. Can I pull these out? Where to get (what material is that? Brass?) and how to glue a new one in?

2. I have the version with front tilt. The lensboard holder has sort of 2 pins on the 9'oclock and the 3. The pins don't go into the outer frame good. Is there a way to fix that? Also, what is the screw on top of the lensboard for? It kinda tightens some type of spring. I'm thinking that's what the front/back tilt is for?

TIA!

Gary Beasley
27-Aug-2007, 14:15
You can use ordinary brads, very small nails, to replace the pins if you be sure they match the old ones, then you can cut them of to whatever desired length. That screw on top is the locking mechanism for the tilt as you might have guessed already. The two pins being the swivel joint for the tilt. As far as replacing the pins or repairing them, it might require unglueing the frame to get to them, I don't really know. There may be some access to them on the back of the standard under where the bellows is glued on. As long as it doesn't fall out I'd wait for a time to do an overall rebuild before messing with it.

Doug Howk
27-Aug-2007, 16:53
#2 question: the front tilts on what look like brass bullets. Mine had worn the wood down to point that front section came off. I used wood putty & piece of brass sheet on each side to rebuild the frame.
There should be a pair of scissors like blades that connect the top of front standard with the tilt portion that holds the lensboard. The screw tightens it down once you've adjusted the lensboard holder to the correct tilt.
Hope this explanation helps.

ericantonio
27-Aug-2007, 20:45
#2 question: the front tilts on what look like brass bullets. Mine had worn the wood down to point that front section came off. I used wood putty & piece of brass sheet on each side to rebuild the frame.
Hope this explanation helps.
I think I can get away by putting thin pieces of metal shim to make it tight.

Gary Beasley
28-Aug-2007, 19:49
I think I can get away by putting thin pieces of metal shim to make it tight.

I'd recommend putting a good dimple in the shim before sqeezing it in so the "bullet" will have a place to seat.

ericantonio
28-Aug-2007, 21:05
I'd recommend putting a good dimple in the shim before sqeezing it in so the "bullet" will have a place to seat.

Ohhhh, nice idea!