PDA

View Full Version : Value of Super Angulon 75/5.6

pmazolo
23-Aug-2007, 13:59
Hi,

I have the option to buy a 75/5.6 mounted on a linhof style recessed board complete with a simple cable release, but I am unsire about what a fair price is.... There are two for sale on ebay now at 800 and 880 USD, but looking at history only one sold in mint condition for USD 525..... Is this lens any good, and what is a good price? Any comments on trying to use it on a Wista 45SP without wa-bellows....not much movement, but should be possible....?

(I was thinking more like getting a 90mm, since I have a 135 and a 240mm, so this seems a bit wide....(mostly landscape nature/urban)...but if this comes at an OK price I could give it a try and resell it if I dont like it...)

/PM

Jean-Marie Solichon
24-Aug-2007, 00:28
I have been using a SA 75/5,6 for several years and like it very much. Although it is "usable" with standard belows (that's what I do on the Toyo 45 CF) it works much better with WA belows. A fresnel lens is recommended as well. 800 USD seems a bit high for an used lens.

JPlomley
24-Aug-2007, 06:00
Price is not too bad. Jim at Midwest had a 75 SA in 9+ condition last month that sold for $750. Of course there is zero risk in buying from Jim, and if your not happy, he'll make it right. With Fleabay, you rolls your dice and takes your chances!