PDA

View Full Version : Gross format - ebay.de moves it under Foto-zubehor

Patrik Roseen
23-Aug-2007, 05:09
Hello,
I usually have a look at the Gross-format items in ebay.de

Today I noticed that they have changed the categories under Foto and Camcorder.

Grossformat (large format) has now been moved to Foto-Zubehor, i.e. photo-accessories. (whereas mittelformat has its own category)

Good or bad? (how will this influence the knowledge of largeformat?)

Jiri Vasina
23-Aug-2007, 06:09
It took me some time till I located it (and then only because I was watching some items, so I backtracked to the proper category).

Good or Bad? Both and neither. Less people may find this category and items therein, so it might mean a bit less bidding competition. Those that know precisely what they are looking for will find it anyway. On the other hand there may be less general knowledge of such a largeformat photography per se, as less people may stumble on those very interesting items...

Uusilehto
23-Aug-2007, 07:18
I can see where this is going. Next thing we know, large format is under antiques.

Ole Tjugen
23-Aug-2007, 10:37
Most of the lenses I've bought from German ebay have been under antiques - "Antiquitäten und Kunst" > "Technik und Photographica" > "Photographica" > "Objektive". And some cameras have been there in "Antiquitäten", too... :)

Ernest Purdum
23-Aug-2007, 10:59
A long time ago, eBay would decide that photographic items should be bundled in with electronics. It made searching a lot harder. I was very glad when they finally separated it out for good after an episode of merging again.