PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy Wedding 8X10 style with some full plate thrown in...

Jim Galli
20-Aug-2007, 14:50
The Kilgore's didn't know what they were getting themselves in for when they asked my daughter Tina to photograph their daughter's wedding.

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com/Cowboy_Wedding/Cowboy_Wedding.html

BTW, my showing off aside, Tina did a damn fine job of the color stuff. I was just having some fun, and good wine, and red meat :D:D

Merg Ross
20-Aug-2007, 15:53
Greg & Megan, beautiful shot Jim. Congrats!

Merg

Ron Bose
20-Aug-2007, 15:55
Holy c. those portraits are some of the best wedding shots I've seen all year !

Toyon
20-Aug-2007, 17:09
Terrific work Jim. I have a couple of questions. 1) How did you reduce the shadow under the bride's father's hat? 2) The circle of sharpness in the bride/groom circle seems larger than I would expect. What was the focal length of the lens, an how much was it stopped down?

Jim Galli
20-Aug-2007, 17:24
Terrific work Jim. I have a couple of questions. 1) How did you reduce the shadow under the bride's father's hat? 2) The circle of sharpness in the bride/groom circle seems larger than I would expect. What was the focal length of the lens, an how much was it stopped down?

1) How did you reduce the shadow under the bride's father's hat? I was probably helped some by smoke. Forest fires have made the light somewhat diffused. Add to that 6 air glass interfaces at about 4% each uncoated and it is less of a problem than with a modern lens.

2) The circle of sharpness in the bride/groom circle seems larger than I would expect. What was the focal length of the lens, an how much was it stopped down? The Darlot is about 13 inch f4 focused perhaps 6-8 feet away. It was wide open.

John Kasaian
20-Aug-2007, 18:39
Beautiful, just beautiful Jim. You really captured the emotion in the Bride's father's face.

Capocheny
20-Aug-2007, 19:28
Jim,

Dog gone fine images!

Loved the first image... but all the others are terrific too.

Well done. :)

Cheers

sparq
20-Aug-2007, 19:39
Beautiful pictures, Jim. I love them all.

Keith Pitman
20-Aug-2007, 21:51
Really nice photos. Captured the people very nicely.

PViapiano
21-Aug-2007, 00:42
Jim...wonderful as always.

Damn, that's what I love about this place. Someone's always lighting a fire underneath me...

MIke Sherck
21-Aug-2007, 07:41
I can't think of anything more appropriate for a cowboy wedding, Jim. Wonderful!

Mike

Jorge Gasteazoro
21-Aug-2007, 08:53
Damn fine job Jim.....congrats!

Ash
21-Aug-2007, 09:13
Wonderful shots! :)

BradS
21-Aug-2007, 09:21
Some darned fine work Jim. I like the photo of father and bride the best but they're all really quite wonderful. Nice gift. Thank you for sharing.

Oh, what's a Cooke "knuckler"

Jim Galli
21-Aug-2007, 10:35
Oh, what's a Cooke "knuckler"

Big brass Cooke Series II Portrait lens with the 2 fingerholes ring for de-focus control. ;)

eddie
21-Aug-2007, 18:31
nice work jim,
i am shooting a wedding in late sept. i plan to bring my LF stuff just for some fun ports. i hope my stuff is as good as yours.

eddie