PDA

View Full Version : Using Fuji Quickloads in Kodak Readyload holder

Rider
19-Aug-2007, 04:14
There are a few articles floating around on the web that tell you you can use Quickload film in a Kodak Readyload holder.

I tried this recently, and it did not work at all. The Astia Quickloads jammed the new-model Readyload holder every time.

Ted Harris
19-Aug-2007, 05:06
That's very strange. I use Quickloads in the latest Readyload holder all the time and have had zero failures. I believe the experience of most users is the same as mine. A couple of thoughts: 1) Hate to ask but are you sure it is the latest holder? Do Readyloads still work ok (maybe it was a faulty box of film)?

davidb
19-Aug-2007, 08:15
there's also a few articles about not using fuji with kodak and vice versa.

steve simmons
19-Aug-2007, 08:20
The universal holder for all pre-loaded films including Polaroid is the Polaroid 545 and newer holder.

Yes, there are people claiming that the Polaroid holder does not hold the film flat enough but I am not aware that this has ever been more than speculation by a few.

Try one.

steve simmons

Rider
19-Aug-2007, 09:04
I think it's the latest holder. When I get home I'll double check the model number. It works flawlessly with Readyload sheets. With Quickload sheets, I can take the picture, but I cannot remove the pack afterwards. The release button just does not release it. This happened with 3 quickloads (Astias) from the same box. I hate to waste more film trying.

That's very strange. I use Quickloads in the latest Readyload holder all the time and have had zero failures. I believe the experience of most users is the same as mine. A couple of thoughts: 1) Hate to ask but are you sure it is the latest holder? Do Readyloads still work ok (maybe it was a faulty box of film)?

Ron Marshall
19-Aug-2007, 10:37
I also use Quickloads in the Kodak readyload holder with no problems.

Mark Stahlke
19-Aug-2007, 11:07
I use Fuji Quickloads in the Kodak Readyload holder all the time. I've never had a problem. In fact, I prefer the Kodak holder over the Fuji holder. It has a more positive feel.

naturephoto1
19-Aug-2007, 11:16
A trick that you wish to follow when using the new Kodak Readyload Holder (just like the older ones and after film exposure) is to push the Red release in as you slide the paper packet over the Fuji Quickload Film. Next, make sure the paper packet is in place and reinserted into the clip by releasing the Red release. Once you are assured that the paper packet is reattached to the film clip, push the Red release and slowly pull the film/paper packet/clip assembly out of the Readyload Holder.

Rich

Jack Flesher
19-Aug-2007, 11:51
I use the newest style Kodak holder for BOTH Fuji and Kodak loads all the time and have NEVER had a failure. No special gyrations either -- just insert, pull the dark sleeve, expose, close the sleeve, push the button and remove. The one tiny thing I've ALWAYS done with any ready or quick load, is pinch the holder further down from the end when I remove it from the holder so as to insure I'm pulling on the film and the sleeve and not just the sleeve.

Armin Seeholzer
19-Aug-2007, 12:27
I had also problems with Fuji films in my new Kodak Readyload and use only the Kodak films in it and for the Fuji I use the Quickload holder!
They may not exactly release the same so it may be different from one to an other!
Armin

jetcode
21-Aug-2007, 16:15
There are a few articles floating around on the web that tell you you can use Quickload film in a Kodak Readyload holder.

I tried this recently, and it did not work at all. The Astia Quickloads jammed the new-model Readyload holder every time.

Not a good idea, they each have different tolerances. I have both holders.