PDA

View Full Version : Fine Focus Workshops Fall Foliage Workshop

Ted Harris
14-Aug-2007, 17:59
A reminder that time is drawing near for registration for our Fall Foliage Workshop. We run this workshop in the Great North Woods of New Hampshire at the Connecticut Lakes, virtually on the Canadian border. Since we have already committed and paid for lodging we need deposits by the beginning of September from all who are planning on attending. After that time we will turn back any unused rooms. This year the dates are October 4 in the evening through Sunday, October 7.

We are very lucky to be able to get accommodations from an Orvis Approved Lodge at great rates. At the moment it looks like we have room for 5 more. Spouses, partners, SO's are welcome at a very nominal additional rate. See the website for full details www.finefocusworkshops.com or contact me or Bruce Barlow or Richrd Ritter directly.

Jim Grimes
19-Aug-2007, 12:37
May I come?

Ted Harris
19-Aug-2007, 14:17
Hi James,

We're expecting you!

For anyone else considering the workshop, September 2d is the absolute drop-dead date for a reservation. After that we turn in the unused lodgings. Right now Lopstick Lodge is very close to sold out (just 3 single cabins remain) so it will be very unlikely that we will be able to recapture any lodging for anyone who decides to come at the last minute. We still have a few spaces left.

Jim Grimes
20-Aug-2007, 12:49
May I come?

Just kidding; of course, I'm coming. Wouldn't miss it for anything. Anyone else out there who is sitting on the fence - get off your duff and send Ted a deposit. In spite of a day and a half rain last year, it was still a great experience.'

James

Bill_1856
20-Aug-2007, 16:38
Wish I could join you, Jim. Last year was a learning experience for the organizers. This year they should do it really well. (Anyhow, I don't think they'd let me back in.)

Jim Grimes
20-Aug-2007, 20:30
Wish I could join you, Jim. Last year was a learning experience for the organizers. This year they should do it really well. (Anyhow, I don't think they'd let me back in.)

Hey Bill, I would be glad if you could join us again this year. Yeah, there were a few bumps in the road last year, but, as you say, this year should be much better.

James

Ted Harris
28-Aug-2007, 11:27
Jim and Bill thanks for the kind words and Jim ... glad you will be with us again.

This is just a short reminder for anyone who is thinking about the workshop that, unlike our other workshops, we may not be able to take last minute registrations. Lopstick Lodge is already nearly fully booked for our workshop weekend and I have promised to turn back to them any unneeded lodging space by next Tuesday, September 4th .... at the very latest. So, if you would like to join us, please let Bruce or Richard or me know by Monday, September 3rd. There is only the smallest chance that we will be able to recapture this space after we let go of it. Lopstick is in a pristine, remote wildnerness area (lots more moose than people) and it is the only lodge in the area that holds its reasonable summer rates through Fall Foliage Season ... all the others are much much more expensive (and most not as nice either).