PDA

View Full Version : C-41

spdigital
14-Aug-2007, 14:10
Hello Group,
I'm new here and I have a few questions you might help me with.
I do art reproduction large format printing. Right now I scan what I can fit on my scanner or I use a Canon 5D if it wont. I also have a medium format film camera that uses 120 film. I would like to start using that more but not sure what company would be the best to go with for the processing. I'm also interested in what it would cost to purchase the equipment to develop my 120 color film myself. Do you still use the same process for color transparency film? Any help on this would be great.!
Thanks everyone!
Sam

Walter Calahan
14-Aug-2007, 14:51
Look into buying a Jobo processing system.

spdigital
14-Aug-2007, 15:05
I did a search but didn't find a system just tanks and stuff. Is this something that I could use to processes the film. I can scan the transparencies after they are exposed.
Also everything I see here is for black and white. Will this system work for color?
Thanks again for your help.

Ted Harris
14-Aug-2007, 15:15
The system works fine for any developing process .... b&w, E6, C41 ....

The models of the machines that are currently available are CPP, CPE (I think), ATL 1500, ATL 2200, ATL 2300, ATL 2400, ATL 2500 and one more small model whose model designation escapes me at the moment. You can find a complete list at www.jobo.de

Ron Marshall
14-Aug-2007, 16:45
I did a search but didn't find a system just tanks and stuff. Is this something that I could use to processes the film. I can scan the transparencies after they are exposed.
Also everything I see here is for black and white. Will this system work for color?
Thanks again for your help.

You won't get transparencies from C41, you'll get negatives. Transparencies come from E6.