PDA

View Full Version : E6 in europe

esbtse
11-Aug-2007, 17:04
My local E6 developer is expensive. Who in Europe have good prices on slide sheet for E6 Process.

Matus Kalisky
13-Aug-2007, 04:44
Could you quantify cheap and expensive ?

I have just sent my E6/C41 to www.kontrastlab.de (in Koln). I hope it will go smoothly as I am using them for the first time (in film boxes - also for the first time). The prices for 4x5 are 2.62 euro (for any 4x5 developement). I was paying like 3.6 euro before in a local lab (closed by now). I have called there before and got an impression that they should know what they are doing and they do offer a large variety of analog photo services so I hope for the best.

Struan Gray
13-Aug-2007, 05:16
Thomas, I send my 4x5 to Peak Imaging in the U.K. Their processing is clean and reliable and their are prices much better than anywhere in Sweden. It takes one to two weeks for the film to make the round trip to Sheffield and back.

www.peak-imaging.com

Patrik Roseen
13-Aug-2007, 05:56
Struan,
What is your procedure for sending to Peak Imaging and which payment method do you use? Do you send as parcel or mail, insured or?
(Sorry for not reading their website...)

Thomas, I have seen your questions lately. Maybe we could get together sometime as we are both in Stockholm?

esbtse
13-Aug-2007, 09:42
Struan,
Thomas, I have seen your questions lately. Maybe we could get together sometime as we are both in Stockholm?
I like that, but am just starting to get my equipment together and I have not taken any LF photos yet.

esbtse
13-Aug-2007, 09:50
Could you quantify cheap and expensive ?

I have just sent my E6/C41 to www.kontrastlab.de (in Koln). I hope it will go smoothly as I am using them for the first time (in film boxes - also for the first time). The prices for 4x5 are 2.62 euro (for any 4x5 developement). I was paying like 3.6 euro before in a local lab (closed by now). I have called there before and got an impression that they should know what they are doing and they do offer a large variety of analog photo services so I hope for the best.

Expensive is 84 SEK per slide => 9 EURO? , Im not use to this euro thing.
I hope the new lab gives you good quality on the slides.

esbtse
13-Aug-2007, 09:52
Thomas, I send my 4x5 to Peak Imaging in the U.K. Their processing is clean and reliable and their are prices much better than anywhere in Sweden. It takes one to two weeks for the film to make the round trip to Sheffield and back.

www.peak-imaging.com

Thanks for the link.

archivue
13-Aug-2007, 10:12
www.peak-imaging.com

2.04 £ per 4x5 ? expensive ?

Struan Gray
13-Aug-2007, 13:02
Struan,
What is your procedure for sending to Peak Imaging and which payment method do you use? Do you send as parcel or mail, insured or?

I put a box of film in a jiffy bag and send it with the regular mail. Were I less of an amatuer I would use registered mail (rek. brev), but I have not had a problem yet. I don't know if Peak will return processed film by registered mail or by courier, but their customer service people have always been models of responsiveness when I have had a query. I use an ABS film box that Mike Walker used to sell and ask them to return it with the processed film: they have never once got this wrong.

I pay with a credit card. You can download a copy of their order form from the website. I asked for, and was assigned, a customer number in advance of my first order.

The processed film comes back via airmail parcel post, well-protected in robust cardboard packages. Sometimes our postman puts it in the letter box (the packages will usually fit) but the squared off shape usually means I have to go and collect it from the nearest ICA.

As archivue said, they charge £2.04 per sheet for process only, with volume reductions that kick in at quite small amounts. You will have to pay the regular postage charge, plus an overseas charge, but only once per order. I tend to wait until I have a reasonable number of sheets and/or rolls and send them all off in the same batch.

The prices are not the very best in Europe, and Peak are a large enough outfit that I am sure there are some dissatisfied customers out there, but I have been very happy with them for many years now. I used to send 'serious' film to Prolabbet, but their package proofs of 6x6 were laughably bad, and I couldn't find a Swedish lab that catered for the 'advanced amateur' in the way Peak do, so once I started using C41 for most things I switched to Peak.

PS: E6 comes back in individual plastic film pockets. I don't know what they're made of, but they don't smell like PVC to me. C41 and B+W are returned in pergament paper pockets. I have been storing my negs and (few) slides as returned, but have lots of good intentions to switch them to Secol archival pockets for long term storage. Next year perhaps...

esbtse
15-Aug-2007, 10:43
www.peak-imaging.com

2.04 £ per 4x5 ? expensive ?

No That is a good price.
Do the take 120 film?

Aender Brepsom
16-Aug-2007, 02:27
After the only lab here in Luxembourg has stopped doing any E6, I have tried HSL Fachlabor (www.hsldigital.de) in Duesseldorf/Germany.
Today, I received my first rollfilms 120 and a few 4x5" sheets from them. The service is excellent and the prices seem very fair to me: 3,30 EUR per roll and 2,30 EUR per sheet. Shipping was only 5,80 EUR from Germany to Luxembourg.
I'll sure use their services again in the future.