PDA

View Full Version : I know P&S lenses are famed, but...

Hugo Zhang
5-Aug-2007, 16:31
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180144084073&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

Walter Calahan
5-Aug-2007, 17:08
Wow!

Glenn Thoreson
5-Aug-2007, 17:16
I'm choking here! :( I wonder what that thing can do that a Commercial Ektar can't, at 350.00 or so. With Ektar you get shutter, too.
Old lens prices are just ridiculous nowadays. I'm glad I loaded up when everyone thought they were junk, and sold 'em off cheap. :)

Ash
5-Aug-2007, 17:16
I think I saw one of those at a car-boot sale for £5 yesterday...

....psyche!!!

Brian Ellis
5-Aug-2007, 18:12
I thought that price was pretty high too, but then I saw that it comes with THE ORIGINAL CAP AND FLANGE.

Brian Bullen
5-Aug-2007, 19:12
The flange alone is worth a grand. I think Jim Galli bought one of these for $57 and some change. :D Of course it was missing the caps.

Jim Galli
5-Aug-2007, 20:13
The flange alone is worth a grand. I think Jim Galli bought one of these for $57 and some change. :D Of course it was missing the caps.

No it had the damn caps but if I sell the lens I'm keeping them.

BTW, comparing this lens to a Commercial Ektar is like when Clinton compared himself to John F. Kennedy.

The last one of those lenses that sold fetched about $2200. This sort of event happens from time to time on Ebay where you get 2 determined bidders with a pocket full of $$$$. I wonder if this will jar a few loose from collectors who never use them but figure the time for profit taking has arrived.

Glenn Thoreson
5-Aug-2007, 21:03
Aw, c'mon Jim, I think the Clinton/Kennedy thing is a bit unfair, don't you? I mean, I wouldn't demean a Holga by comparing it to Clinton. :D

John Koehrer
6-Aug-2007, 09:44
It was Dan Quayle who compared himself to Kennedy and the response from the candidate he was debating responded "I worked with John F. Kennedy and You are no John F. Kennedy".

Scott Davis
6-Aug-2007, 10:13
That was Lloyd Bentsen, US Senator from Illinois I believe. I think the actual quote went something like this - "I knew Jack Kennedy. I worked with Jack Kennedy, and you, sir, are NO JACK KENNEDY!".

Jim Galli
6-Aug-2007, 10:17
I think I saw one of those at a car-boot sale for £5 yesterday...

....psyche!!!

I know you better than that Ash. First of all you don't have £5. Second of all you would have started a small trash fire a stall or 2 away and pinched the lens during the commotion. :cool:

Ed Richards
6-Aug-2007, 11:36
Bentson was from Texas. You guys need to get out more.:-)

Terence McDonagh
6-Aug-2007, 12:10
Ummm . . . don't you mean BENTSEN was from Texas?

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Brian Ellis
6-Aug-2007, 23:54
O.K., so are we in agreement that it was Lloyd Bentsen, former Senator from Texas , who said the line and that he said it in response to Dan Quayle comparing himself to John Kennedy in the course of the vice presidential candidate's debates while Bentsen was running for VP on the Michael Dukakis ticket?

Paul Metcalf
7-Aug-2007, 11:39
Not that Kennedy comparison... Jim was talking about the Clinton comparison to Kennedy as far as who had the most blondes in the Lincoln beddroom (wives not included).