PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Arkansas

spb854
4-Aug-2007, 20:00
I look forward to meeting and getting to know many of you guys on this forum.

I'm sort of a newbie. More information about me is on my profile.

Large format is totally new to me. I've been doing 35mm and medium format
for several years.

I just bought a Pacemaker Speed Graflex off eBay but I had to buy a lens for it separately, also off eBay. As of today, the lens has not arrived yet. I'm anxious to shoot my first picture and process it myself. All I lack is a tank to process the film, but I hope to remedy that soon.

I'm a pharmacist by profession, so got a drug question, ask me.

Hope I can contribute something to the group one day, but for now I'm listening and learning.

Steve

Ron Marshall
4-Aug-2007, 20:14
Welcome to the forum Steve, and to large format. What lens did you get for the Graphic?

dominikus bw
5-Aug-2007, 03:53
Hi Steve, welcome to LF...
Large format is just a new tool for your photographs, you'll get know well about LF as long as you always have a date with your Pacemaker... :D

Since you are pharmacist, I have one drug question, is there any drugs who help me to make a better LF pictures? It's just a sally question... :D

Ralph Barker
5-Aug-2007, 07:04
Welcome to the forum, Steve. And, have fun with your new LF adventure.

J V McLure
5-Aug-2007, 07:38
Hi Steve - and welcome to the forum. We have several things in common. First, we are both new to LF Photography. Second, my first LF purchase was a Pacemaker Speed Graflex off eBay. That was about eight thousand bucks ago. Is there a pill that will cure this madness??

Do enjoy the forum. I'm finding it to be a great source on information. You could not find a larger or better knowledge base - or nicer group of people.

J V McLure

spb854
5-Aug-2007, 09:57
Unfortunately, as far as I can determine there is NO cure for ANYTHING when it comes to photography!

From what I've learned, it deals with "exposure". Only "time" will tell how the aflection "developes". As for a "quick fix", there isn't any. Believe me I'd pass it on if I knew of one.

The "process" of the disease seems to only become worse as your "temperature" rises and a "film" tends to form as things "enlarge".

I suggest more time in a "darkroom" to see how things "develope".

Thanks guys!

Steve

spb854
5-Aug-2007, 10:06
Ron,

The lens I bought is: SYNCHROMATIC OPTAR 135/4,7 GRAFLEX VIEW CAMERA LENS

Steve

kjsphotography
5-Aug-2007, 13:57
Hello Steve and welcome. LF is funny, once you step into it you never look back. You are going to love it!

Gene McCluney
5-Aug-2007, 19:30
Hello Steve from another Arkansas LF photographer.

I am in Van Buren, Arkansas, and I shoot 4x5 to 11x14.

spb854
6-Aug-2007, 17:56
I don't feel so alone now! LOL

Steve

nelsonfotodotcom
6-Aug-2007, 23:17
Hello from Fayetteville. There are a few of us up here.

Gene McCluney
7-Aug-2007, 07:39
OOH, are there enough of us to have regional meetings and organized photo excursions?

Gene from Van Buren

Patrik Roseen
7-Aug-2007, 11:13
Ron,

The lens I bought is: SYNCHROMATIC OPTAR 135/4,7 GRAFLEX VIEW CAMERA LENS

Steve

Welcome Steve!

I started out 2 years ago with a Wollensak Raptar 4,7/135mm in a Rapax shutter (looks very similar to your lens). I think this is a great lens to get started with ...many of the pics on my 'homepage' (i.e. page of learnings) were made with it.

Cheers,
Patrik

Ken Schroeder
7-Aug-2007, 16:30
Steve, welcome to the forum. If you send me an email with your address, I will mail you a copy of Graphic Graflex Photography, the Bible of large format photography as a gift.

Ken

Uri Kolet
8-Aug-2007, 22:01
Welcome from Vancouver, Steve; glad to have you here. Cheers, Uri

spb854
17-Aug-2007, 20:26
Wow! Thanks guys for ALL the greetings.

It would be nice to have some type of camera group to go out and have fun with. My work schedule is not very flexible, but I'd give it a try.

I'm new to LF as I've been doing MF and 35mm the past few years. So, I really appreciate any info that I get. Now...just to get more time to DO it.

Steve
(more info about me in my profile)

John Kasaian
20-Aug-2007, 19:40
Welcome aboard, Steve! Graphics rock! Have you checked out www.graflex.org yet?