PDA

View Full Version : 80mm Super Symmar XL on Technika

Arne Norris
1-Aug-2007, 17:43
I'm looking for a moderate wide angle to use with a Master Technika that would fit inside the camera when closed.

Does anyone know if the 80 super Symmar XL fits into a closed Master Technika, when using a recessed lensboard?

Linhof makes a new special recessed lensboard for the 80 XL. Can it also be used on the standard recessed board for Copal 0?

I know there is the older 90 Angulon, which was quite small, but I want to use it in dim light, maybe at wider apertures than normal, and I'm thinking the Angulon might not work that well in this case.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Brian Ellis
1-Aug-2007, 22:01
I used the 80mm on a standard Linhof recessed board with my Master Technika. By "standard" I mean that it wasn't a recessed board made especially for the 80, it was just a Linhof recessed board I bought on ebay. I never tried to close the camera with the lens on the camera so I don't know if it would fit or not, my guess is it wouldn't but that's just a guess, hopefully someone else will know for sure.

gary mulder
11-Aug-2007, 13:26
Maybe a little late reaction (holiday). I have a Master Tech and a 80XL on a old style recessed lensboard. Yes, it fits inside the closed camera without caps.

Ed Richards
12-Aug-2007, 11:17
The 80xl is a pretty extreme wideangle. How much movement to do you need? For a moderate wide angle, the Apo-Sironar 135 would fit.