PDA

View Full Version : Problem with wisner front standard

dpetersen
27-Jul-2007, 20:03
I have a Wisner Traditional 4x5 and I am having a small problem. On the front standard there is a sliding "lock" that holds the lensboards in place. This "lock" is fastened to the front standard by 2 small screws and therein lies the problem. These 2 screws seem to want to back out then either I will loose one or both or the lensboards become loose and I could get a light leak, have the lens fall out, etc. none of which is pretty. I'm sure that someone else has run into this.
My fix would be a small drop of cartenter's glue in the screw hole, but I'm not shure if that would be tthe right thing to do.
Ideas anyone?
DP

Geary Lyons
27-Jul-2007, 21:18
I have a Wisner Traditional 4x5 and I am having a small problem. On the front standard there is a sliding "lock" that holds the lensboards in place. This "lock" is fastened to the front standard by 2 small screws and therein lies the problem. These 2 screws seem to want to back out then either I will loose one or both or the lensboards become loose and I could get a light leak, have the lens fall out, etc. none of which is pretty. I'm sure that someone else has run into this.
My fix would be a small drop of cartenter's glue in the screw hole, but I'm not shure if that would be tthe right thing to do.
Ideas anyone?
DP

Richard Ritter has a great fix. I have a Wisner 5x7 Pocket Expedition. He inserts a threaded stud with "barrel nut" to hold the lensboard retaining slide. Attractive. Works perfectly. Not sure what the cost is. I had him modify the front standard to take technika boards.

I can send a digisnap if you would like.
cheers,
Geary

RichardRitter
28-Jul-2007, 05:06
Here is a photo of the modification. You can send just the front standard.

Richard T Ritter
www.lg4mat.net
www.finefocusworkshops.com