PDA

View Full Version : Silverfast Ai Studio 6.5 and multiscan problems

asf
23-Jul-2007, 16:24
i've upgraded from Ai 6 to studio 6.5, all works well (4990 pro on dual g5) but the multiscan setting gives me super exaggerated colors and contrast that don't show in the preview at all. if i turn it off the result is fine.

i've asked silverfast directly but no response in 4 days.

anyone else had success with this feature? it was one of the main reasons i upgraded ...

Kirk Gittings
23-Jul-2007, 18:33
Strange. When in trouble with SF delete the preferences file.

asf
23-Jul-2007, 18:37
it didn't work from the start. the preview came up as in the previous AI version, corrections look normal but scan only comes out ok when the multiscan setting is off. the switch is simple on/off so i can't even find settings for that function to try to adjust.

where is preferences folder for silverfast, don't see it

Kirk Gittings
23-Jul-2007, 19:01
Sorry, I can't tell you on a Mac in the applications folder under Silverfast somewhere.

Anyone else use SF with a Mac out there?

asf
23-Jul-2007, 19:04
there is a file in there called "prefs" but it's empty

asf
26-Jul-2007, 22:44
kirk, are you on 6.5 now? if so have you tried multiscan?

asf
28-Jul-2007, 12:07
adding insult to injury i see now lasersoft charged $105 to my credit card while the quoted upgrade price and my receipt clearly show $59.

anyone want to wish me luck getting this straighened out within the month?

Kirk Gittings
28-Jul-2007, 13:14
You have the wrong Pref file. There are two if you are making scans it will not be empty. There is one in the App folder and one in the Settings. And again in a Mac ???????

I am using 6.5 and MS. There are no settings for MS. it is off or on. There is something else going on for sure. Deleting the pref file is the only way to do a global reset. If that doesn't worl, do a clean reinstall not over old app. Good luck. Try posting this question on the SF forums or the Epson scan forums too.

asf
29-Jul-2007, 01:53
completely uninstalled and reinstalled both photoshop and silverfast (actually put a whole new photoshop on) and .... same result. i think there's a bug.

on the silverfast forums there are a couple people reporting unusual problems with super saturated colors after updating to 6.5

Kirk Gittings
29-Jul-2007, 09:34
Is it only on Mac versions or with particular scanners?

asf
29-Jul-2007, 13:30
seems to be varied

tried to make a test scan last night, now it's awful with m-s as before AND bad without it in a new way (overly contrasty and jagged). will investigate more.

should have left it alone where i had it before this upgrade, no problems then

asf
31-Jul-2007, 09:13
so after a weekend of crashes and frozen photoshop and silverfast reinstallations i had to reinstall OSX. then i completely reinstalled silverfast 6.5 ... same result, when scanning at 2400 dpi it just crashed, hung up ps, quit ps, or gave "jagged" scans when it did manage to finish. tried it with cs2 and cs3.

so i reinstalled OSX again, reverted to 6.4 ai studio and no problems at all. can scan 2400dpi 48 bit from 4x5 negs easily as before (dual 2.0 g5 powermac with 4gigs ram).

maybe 6.5 with m-e not fully ready?