PDA

View Full Version : First time order from Calypso

PViapiano
23-Jul-2007, 16:10
Hi all...

I just recv'd my first E6 order from Calypso and I'm really happy with their service! Good customer communication, timely processing and quick shipping back to me, all as promised. At $1.40 per 4x5 sheet, I highly recommend them to everyone.

The transparencies, all Kodak 100VS, look great!

This was part of a self-imposed project to shoot at least 30 sheets during the month of May, not on vacation, just around town, while working every day, taking care of my 3 year old, etc. I put my camera backpack and tripod in my trunk every day, and if I saw something that caught my eye, I found a place to park and setup to make the shot. It was good practice in working quickly in setting up, composing, metering, etc.

I'll try to post some scans as soon as I get a chance...

65Galaxie
23-Jul-2007, 16:22
I've used Calypso the last yr or so. So much less expensive than the local lab. The lab I use to make the prints don't do E6. I scan them on an Epson scanner and output to Epson printer for 8x10 proofs and send the cd to the lab for larger prints. It's going to take some time to scan 48 sheets from my trip last week.

roteague
23-Jul-2007, 16:51
I've used Calypso for several years now, and I won't use anyone else.

Brian Vuillemenot
23-Jul-2007, 17:24
I'm another highly satisfied cutomer of Calypso- I don't use anyone else for E6.

Jim Grimes
23-Jul-2007, 18:21
What is the link to their site?

Darren Kruger
23-Jul-2007, 18:50
What is the link to their site?

http://www.calypsoinc.com/

Dave Jeffery
24-Jul-2007, 02:46
I started using Calypso over a year ago as a result of Robert Teague's recommendation and I've always been very happy with the results. I'm not affiliated with Calypso just trying to keep their chemicals as fresh as possible!

Is their scanning and printing service just as good?

Keith S. Walklet
24-Jul-2007, 16:42
Don't forget, there is no charge for push/pull service, either!