PDA

View Full Version : Film holders with adhesive

lungovw
20-Jul-2007, 15:23
Did anybody try using spray-mount adhesive in film holders? I mean those that do not bond definetely and are just a bit sticky. I am considering that because I bought 4 boxes of Classic film and although it is written 13 x 18 cm (no, it is not 5x7 inches) it is smaller than the Linhof 13x18 film holder. So I imagined spraying a stripe of that kind of adhesive along side the border that would otherwise remain loose. Any suggestion about it?

Thanks in advance

Wagner

Glenn Thoreson
21-Jul-2007, 19:34
It would probably work, as would rubber cement, water base contact cement or others that are only tacky when applied to one surface. The nice thing is, these kinds of cements usually rub right off when you no longer need them.

Rafael Garcia
22-Jul-2007, 06:35
Alternatively, you could stick photo album photo corners on your holders. They will allow you to re-use the holders without having messy gluing in the dark.

Ole Tjugen
22-Jul-2007, 07:00
I use orange marmalade to stick big sheet films to glass plates, so something of the sort should work for too-small films in filmholders too.

But don't overdo it: One of my 8x10" holders has lots of double-sided tape from a previous owner, and sometimes it's a real struggle to get the film out again after I've exposed it.