PDA

View Full Version : Hi I am Dunk from Peterborough ...

dunk
15-Jul-2007, 06:37
Hi, First post to introduce myself ... I have an ex RAF MPP S92 based on the MPP Mk 6 ... will post some pictures of it in due course complete with an MPP Microflash ... the flash was acquired last week and was a very lucky find ... bought it very quickly from a UK dealer before any Star Wars collectors beat me to it. The S92 is in nice condition and full working order . Also have an MPP Micropress which is in need of refurbishment ... FP shutter is not functioning ... may have it repaired when funds permit. I also own one of Terence Donovan's cameras ... a Super Speeed Graphic so will post some pictures of it as well ... have only just started using digital seriously and getting to grips with an EOS 10D .

Cheers

dunk

Ole Tjugen
15-Jul-2007, 07:02
Welcome, Dunk!

Forget the EOS; you already have some nice real cameras!

Pete Watkins
15-Jul-2007, 07:02
Hi Dunk, welcome! I have an MPP press and as an ex clockmaker in my opinion the build quality is poor. The FP shutter probably just needs a bit of lubrication. Don't take the cloth bit out though, under any circumstances. There is a very good MPP owners club and help and advice is readily available from the members. My 11x14 (with a 10x8 reducing back) was also sold off at the auction (at Christies or Sotherbys, I have the catalogue) after Terence died.
You might even get out with the cameras if it ever stops raining.
Best wishes,
Pete.

Pete Watkins
15-Jul-2007, 07:03
Wots digital?
Pete.

dunk
15-Jul-2007, 07:37
Hi Dunk, welcome! I have an MPP press and as an ex clockmaker in my opinion the build quality is poor. The FP shutter probably just needs a bit of lubrication. Don't take the cloth bit out though, under any circumstances. There is a very good MPP owners club and help and advice is readily available from the members. My 11x14 (with a 10x8 reducing back) was also sold off at the auction (at Christies or Sotherbys, I have the catalogue) after Terence died.
You might even get out with the cameras if it ever stops raining.
Best wishes,
Pete.

Just checked Christies TD catalogue 12 June '97 ... there were three 11x14 sold ie one Deardorff with 7 lenses and two others without lenses ... which is yours? I might look at the MPP press shutter .. thanks.

Dunk

Pete Watkins
15-Jul-2007, 11:22
Dunk, my 11x14 is one of the others (I wish it was the Dorf). It was auctioned without a lens. Roger Hicks (the photo journalist) had it made and sold it to Terence Donovan. It's got big green leather bellows with some of the hairs of whatever animal donated its skin still attatched. I tell people that it's yack skin but I don't believe it for one minute. I had to buy one of those trollys that anglers use for when I take it out. Luckily I also have a Transit van, white!
Pete.

Ralph Barker
15-Jul-2007, 18:34
Welcome to the LF Forum, Dunk.

rivermandan
21-Jul-2007, 10:28
Hi Dunk, I live in Peterborough Ontario Canada. Crazy.

dominikus bw
31-Jul-2007, 10:01
You already have great cameras, just spends some times and get highly satisfaction with LF...
welcome aboard...

Andrew O'Neill
31-Jul-2007, 11:07
Is that Peterborough, Ontario?