PDA

View Full Version : Free 210mm G-Claron!! Oh no!

Collin Orthner
14-Jul-2007, 09:43
Well, it would be free if someone picked it up and had no idea where it came from. Go to the north end of Leach Lake in Jasper National Park to the small turnoff. It is the last place I saw my lens 3 days ago. Opened up my pack when I got home to clean things up, and no 210mm!! I just purchased it too, and had maybe 3 or 4 images with it. I could just kick myself - I remember looking around where I was shooting after packing up and there was nothing on the ground that I could see. It was packed in a small Pentax lens case. I know the chances are minute, but if by chance you've picked it up, please let me know and I can cover shipping+ for the effort.

BrianShaw
14-Jul-2007, 10:00
Oh no!

I hope it gets returned to you!!

p.s. Have you called the ranger station in case someone found it and gave it to them for safe-keeping? My wife does that kind of thing (e.g. found an iPod at MacDonalds. I suggested we listen to the music for clues of who the owener was but she gave it to the manager. ;) )

seawolf66
14-Jul-2007, 10:51
you can also watch for it on E-bay , I hope you have its serial #????

Collin Orthner
14-Jul-2007, 11:05
Hey Brian, you know I hadn't even thought of the ranger station!! Thanks.

Ron Marshall
14-Jul-2007, 12:10
Hey Brian, you know I hadn't even thought of the ranger station!! Thanks.

Probably a result of your subconscious mind trying to give you an excuse for another trip to Jasper.

Collin Orthner
14-Jul-2007, 12:36
Probably a result of your subconscious mind trying to give you an excuse for another trip to Jasper.

Yes right, funny how the mind works eh! It was maybe thinking that I don't really like wide angle on 8x10 anyway and instead should look to a 600mm instead.

I have heard that fall colours might be worth heading back to hills for.

Brian Ellis
14-Jul-2007, 16:00
210 G Clarons are pretty small. It isn't by chance still on the folded-up camera is it? Extremely unlikely, I know, but I've done dumber things than searching my backpack for a lens that was still on the camera when I folded it up.

Collin Orthner
14-Jul-2007, 16:57
210 G Clarons are pretty small. It isn't by chance still on the folded-up camera is it? Extremely unlikely, I know, but I've done dumber things than searching my backpack for a lens that was still on the camera when I folded it up.

Yeah, I tried that too. Darn it, that would have been sweet, except then my 300mm would be missing!

Kerry L. Thalmann
14-Jul-2007, 17:07
Collin,

Definitely follow Brian's suggestion and check with the ranger station. I'm not sure how it works at the Canadian parks, but in the US National Parks they have a form to fill out for lost and found items. Several years ago, I found a filter wallet full of 72mm glass filters at a popular US park. I turned it in at the visitor center and filled out the form and forgot about it. About a year and a half later, it showed up in my mail box. Evidently, no one claimed them within some specified time period so they sent them to the address I listed on form I filled out.

So, ask the ranger's office at Jasper if they have a similar form you can fill out. Who knows, maybe somebody has already turned it in. In addition to the form, you may want to include a generic photo of a 210mm G Claron. I doubt if the average ranger (or average person) knows what a 210mm G Claron looks like. Perhaps a visual aid might help them properly identify your lens if someone turns it in.

Kerry