PDA

View Full Version : Where to get lens caps for my Symmar-S 150

wideopeniris
11-Jul-2007, 09:59
As the title suggests, I'm having trouble locating a source for the rear lens cap for my 150 symmar-s. Is there someone who sells push on lens caps that don't require a mortgage? The symmar doesn't have a rear filter thread :( and its diameter is 40.5mm

Thanks,

Kevin.

Bob Gentile
11-Jul-2007, 10:05
A local camera shop here has a box filled with lens caps of all types and sizes. New and old. For regular customers they're free.

You may want to see if there's something similar where you are.

Gene McCluney
11-Jul-2007, 10:30
B&H sells Kaiser brand push-on lens caps in just about every conceivable size. Just measure your rear lens with a caliper and order that size in MM.

BrianShaw
11-Jul-2007, 10:34
B&H sells Schneider caps also.

Michael Jones
11-Jul-2007, 20:45
I'm having trouble locating a source for the rear lens cap for my 150 symmar-s.

Schneider sells Schneider caps. And they know exactly which cap fits...

Mike

wideopeniris
12-Jul-2007, 00:37
Sorry guys - should have said I'm in the UK. Contacted the schneider distributor in the UK by email and got no reply - kind of unimpressive . I havent come across anyone in the UK that sells these caps.

B&H are a possibility, but it'd be $50 by the time it got here, + 20% tax

K.

Gene McCluney
12-Jul-2007, 00:55
Sorry guys - should have said I'm in the UK. Contacted the schneider distributor in the UK by email and got no reply - kind of unimpressive . I havent come across anyone in the UK that sells these caps.

B&H are a possibility, but it'd be $50 by the time it got here, + 20% tax

K.

Well, even though I suggested B&H in the USA, the brand I cited: Kaiser is made in Germany and should be available in Europe and the UK. A cap for a 150mm Symmar should be under $10 dollars or so (based on US currency). These are plastic push-on caps that friction fit on the outside of the lens.

George Hart
12-Jul-2007, 02:04
You could try SRB in Luton, http://www.srb-griturn.com/.

Ron Marshall
12-Jul-2007, 05:02
Phone Robert White; if they can't sell you one they can at least tell you where to go:

http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/

BrianShaw
12-Jul-2007, 05:48
Well, even though I suggested B&H in the USA, the brand I cited: Kaiser is made in Germany and should be available in Europe and the UK. A cap for a 150mm Symmar should be under $10 dollars or so (based on US currency). These are plastic push-on caps that friction fit on the outside of the lens.

Aren't Schneider caps made in Germany also? This is ironic -- EU-manufactured lens caps appear to be easier to get in US than in the EU. Maybe it's true that the vast majority of our (U.S.) imports are now being made in foriegn countries. :)