PDA

View Full Version : Polaroid Film: how to prevent losing either corner opposite of the"peeled" end.

Cal Eng
24-Sep-2000, 12:31
I have just begun to use the Polaroid holder and film and want to know how to pr event losing either corner opposite of the "peeled" end. How should I hold the holder when withdrawing the film packet and how fast should one pull it out?

Bill Jefferson
25-Sep-2000, 06:31
Hi Cal,

Not too sure on how to comment on "how to prevent losing either corner oposite of peeled" As to Processing the film, I leave the holder in the camera (crown Graphic i use), Using a medium speed pull and for timing say the word polaroid to your self at the same time, with some practice this will give you the same rate of pull. Good luck,

Bill

Scott Walton
25-Sep-2000, 12:44
I think this one is due to dirty rollers!. Open up the holder's roller compartme nt and with a paper towel soaked in alcohol, "scrub" the rollers, both metal and rubber. Chemical gel ALWAYS seem to accumulate on these giving the sam e results your talking about. You should do this regularly to keep your polaroids looking good.

Bill Jefferson
19-Dec-2000, 20:05
Best way of cleaning any Polaroid film holder, warm water and a little liquid dish washing detergent, on a alightly moistened paper towel, then the dryed developer will come off easily, and then dry the rollers.

Bill