PDA

View Full Version : Grandagon N 6.8/90mm multicoated if not labeled MC?

Aender Brepsom
28-Jun-2007, 12:56
Hello,

have there been multicoated Rodenstock Grandagon N 6.8/90mm lenses without the MC on the lens barrel (serial number 10 xxx xxx)?

Thank you very much.

Aender

Bob Salomon
28-Jun-2007, 13:38
No.

That serial number is from 1979. 10,3xx,xxx is 1981, 10,5xx,xxx is 1984, etc. You might want to include more of the serial number.

Aender Brepsom
28-Jun-2007, 22:48
Thank you very much, Bob.
I would like to give the whole serial number, but I do not have the lens. I just saw a photograph of it and the serial number was mostly hidden.
The lenses had that same red-brown tint in the coating (sorry for my bad english) that I know from my MC Rodenstocks, and the seller mentioned that the lens was "coated, although it is not marked on the barrel" (yes, he didn't say "multicoated").

Thanks for your help.

Aender

Aender Brepsom
3-Jul-2007, 04:39
Hello,

I have to apologize for giving a false information in my first post on this matter. What I had seen on the photograph was not the beginning of the serial number (10 xxx xxx), but the first part of the 102 degrees indication.

Today, I received the lens and the serial number on this Grandagon-N (no green stripe) is 11 185 623, so I guess it was produced in 1993. But there is no MC label on the lens barrel.

I haven't used the lens yet, but I am not worried about its image quality. Nevertheless, I would be glad to have some more information on this matter.

Thank you very much.

Aender