PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use one of these before?

George Kara
28-Jun-2007, 09:33
http://cgi.ebay.com/Contraves-Cinetheodolite-Missile-Tracking-Telescope_W0QQitemZ230144412745QQihZ013QQcategoryZ74930QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Paul Metcalf
28-Jun-2007, 09:35
If I told you I'd have to kill you.

Michael Graves
28-Jun-2007, 09:42
Will that thing mount up to a Packard shutter?

George Kara
28-Jun-2007, 09:56
I have sent the following email to the seller but have not yet received a response. this seems like a real bargain especially looking at his recent ebay selling activity.

'Hello Sir
I am interested in building my own personal missile defense system to protect my family against The North Koreans, Syrians and Iranian terrorists. Can you warrant that my purchase of this will inform me in enough time to run to my bomb shelter?

I am also interested in purchasing some spare plutonium if you have any available.

Kind Regards

George"

Curt Palm
28-Jun-2007, 11:22
what is the ebay listing fee on $175K?

Brian Sims
28-Jun-2007, 11:35
Would you call that a "lens in barrel"?

George, be carefull what you write on the internet....."They are listening"

Michael Graves
28-Jun-2007, 12:02
Would you call that a "lens in barrel"?

George, be carefull what you write on the internet....."They are listening"

You KNOW that message is going to get routed to a human processor. There were enough trigger words in Georges post to crash the bank of computers that scan these messages.

Ernest Purdum
28-Jun-2007, 13:42
I've never used one but I know of another item even better. Edwards AFB used to have, maybe still does, a naval anti-aircraft gun mount with the gun replaced with a huge lens on a cine camera perhaps I should say a cine camera mounted on a huge lens. One, or I think maybe two, operators rode the thing twirling big wheels to keep track of an aircraft under test. I saw one of the films and it was amazing.

John Voss
28-Jun-2007, 16:00
You KNOW that message is going to get routed to a human processor. .

What an huge waste of goon power. (Actual recordings of their heartbeats: thug thug, thug thug, thug thug!) ;)

Greg Lockrey
28-Jun-2007, 16:35
George, I don't think he's taking you seriously.