PDA

View Full Version : 11x14 for $600? Wow.

walter23
26-Jun-2007, 20:44
Is it my imagination, or did someone snag a hell of a good deal on this one (http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180132218119&rd=1&rd=1)?

I was watching this auction with some amount of envy, but even at that price for the body I can't afford to get into ULF (film, lens(es), holders, new tripod)...

Eric Rose
26-Jun-2007, 21:25
gee come on Walter, with your horse trading expertise I'm sure you could buy it for a song and then resell it for a profit LOL. hey I have an Explorer I want to sell ...

walter23
26-Jun-2007, 22:54
gee come on Walter, with your horse trading expertise I'm sure you could buy it for a song and then resell it for a profit LOL. hey I have an Explorer I want to sell ...

Hah, I wish I had expertise like that. A once in a lifetime windfall of a couple hundred bucks isn't quite what I had in mind when my essence moved towards the bright white light in the hopes of achieving a noble birth 32-some years ago...

David A. Goldfarb
27-Jun-2007, 04:00
That's not an unusual price for this kind of camera. They usually need a bellows replacement or other work. I paid around $550 for my 11x14" American Optical a few years ago, then another $350 or so for a new bellows.

Gene McCluney
27-Jun-2007, 16:57
I don't know if it matters to the buyer of this item, but it doesn't appear to have the extension rail that would allow it to focus closely, many lenses appropriate to its film size..the longer lenses, that is.