PDA

View Full Version : Rodenstock 240mm APO Gerogon Lens

seawolf66
24-Jun-2007, 20:23
I have read the past threads on the Rodenstock Gerogon apo lens , Now would this lens work in the Copal # 3 shutter, and does it have be used at only F22 to get the best from it? can it work at F11 and up! Just A newbie try-ing to get stuff for short funds: all and any thoughts are welcome!:confused:

Gene McCluney
24-Jun-2007, 20:31
Unless you want to get razor-thin depth of field, a great many photographers prefer to shoot their Large Format lenses at f-stops smaller than f22 even. I like f32 for a great deal of my work, regardless of focal length lens. This gives me an exposure of around 1/8-1/15 sec. for the subjects outside I shoot with ISO 100-200 film.

Bob Salomon
25-Jun-2007, 03:40
I have read the past threads on the Rodenstock Gerogon apo lens , Now would this lens work in the Copal # 3 shutter, and does it have be used at only F22 to get the best from it? can it work at F11 and up! Just A newbie try-ing to get stuff for short funds: all and any thoughts are welcome!:confused:

This lens will not fit directly into any shutter without an adapter being custom made. Only Rodenstock's Apo Ronars were made to fit directly into a shutter.

Yes f22 is the best aperture.

Bob Salomon
25-Jun-2007, 03:41
This lens will not fit directly into any shutter without an adapter being custom made. Only Rodenstock's Apo Ronars were made to fit directly into a shutter.

Yes f22 is the best aperture.

"Only" means in process lenses from Rodenstock.

seawolf66
25-Jun-2007, 20:18
I thank you all for your your time and information here: I will try to find something else!