PDA

View Full Version : Off Track gear question

Vick Vickery
24-Jun-2007, 13:39
I know this isn't a large format question, but knowing that alot of the folks here shoot with alot of different cameras, I thought someone might be able to make a suggestion.

I recently got a 70mm back for my Hasselblad 503 and it didn't have a take-up spool with it...I found a film casette, but does anyone know where I can get hold of a take-up spool????:confused:

Greg Lockrey
24-Jun-2007, 13:46
I know this isn't a large format question, but knowing that alot of the folks here shoot with alot of different cameras, I thought someone might be able to make a suggestion.

I recently got a 70mm back for my Hasselblad 503 and it didn't have a take-up spool with it...I found a film casette, but does anyone know where I can get hold of a take-up spool????:confused:

From an old roll of film.:)

Nick_3536
24-Jun-2007, 13:59
Yup you need a second can.

Do you have film for that back?

Vick Vickery
24-Jun-2007, 16:25
Thanks, thats about what I thought! I'll look for another can.

Nick, I haven't looked too hard yet, but I did find some film available at fairly outrageous prices. I really got the back to play with an accessory I ran across on eBay...a 35mm conversion kit that has to go in a 70mm back. Since the back cost almost nothing due to the lack of and cost of film, I bought one of each. The back has gotten here, and I'll report back when the 35mm kit gets in and I've shot a roll or two. It won't replace 120, but I thought it'd be fun to play with and since I had the back anyway, I'm gonna set it up to use with 70mm also just in case I run into a good buy on some film.

Ernest Purdum
24-Jun-2007, 16:26
If you tell a film salesman you can't buy his film because you don't have a take-up spool, he might solve the problem for you.