PDA

View Full Version : Microtek M1

marcmccalmont
22-Jun-2007, 23:38
Does any one have an update on the availability and scan quality (any reviewers with one) of the Microtek M1 Last I saw posted on the Microtek USA web site was July
Thanks
Marc

Ted Harris
23-Jun-2007, 04:13
Tehre is no new information on the M1. My last conversation with the Microtek product manager for the M1 was two weeks ago. He told me they were still expecting to see the scanner in this country early next month. As of that date their chief engineer in the US still hadn't seen one either so everything you may have heard is either pre release advertising or speculation. I have been promised one as soon as they are available. If it really hits North America in th next few weeks then there will be a review in the Septembr View Camera. From what I know so far you can expect the M1 to be an incremental update of the i900.

marcmccalmont
23-Jun-2007, 13:09
Thanks
Marc

PS I miss New Hampshire, I should be at Lake Sunapee this weekend.

Ted Harris
23-Jun-2007, 19:34
Any other weekend and I'd say come on up to the studio. I am about 30-40 minutes N of Sunapee up Route 4A in Enfield. Howeer, I am leaving tomorrow for Louisville where we have a Fine Focus Workshop running at Bernheim Forest before the View Camera Conference in Louisville and then on to the Conference and not ack here until July 2nd.