PDA

View Full Version : Interesting accessory: tripod lens support

Dirk Rösler
21-Jun-2007, 19:45
Ever seen this? A bit overpriced perhaps, costs more than US$200... (seen on Japanese auction site: http://page15.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t39577596)

Vick Vickery
21-Jun-2007, 19:50
Something similar would be really easy to make from an old brokendown tripod or even a cheap new one.

Hiro
21-Jun-2007, 20:58
There're Bogen's long lens support and Kirk's similar product I saw in Jack Dykinga's book. Can't find them at manufacturers' websites, but B&H carries Bogen's (http://tinyurl.com/37y7f9).
I think it's a lot of money, too.

Ash
22-Jun-2007, 02:10
use a monopod?

Uusilehto
22-Jun-2007, 02:25
Good heavens, why didn't I think of that? So far I've been using a second small tripod with a Sinar rail fitting clamp at the top. I'll HAVE to build one of those now.

Walter Calahan
22-Jun-2007, 03:28
I use two Bogen magic arms with a super clamp at each end. In higher wind and long glass, I clamp one magic arm to the rear of the camera below the back standard, and the other to the area below the front standard. The other end of the magic arm is clamped to a tripod leg. Works like a charm, and I can use the magic arm / super clamp for other photographic needs.

Tony Lakin
22-Jun-2007, 04:09
I use two Bogen magic arms with a super clamp at each end. In higher wind and long glass, I clamp one magic arm to the rear of the camera below the back standard, and the other to the area below the front standard. The other end of the magic arm is clamped to a tripod leg. Works like a charm, and I can use the magic arm / super clamp for other photographic needs.

Long glass:confused:

ha so;) :D :)

Diane Maher
22-Jun-2007, 05:02
I use the Bogen long lens support with my Ansco 8x10 to support the rear rail.

Jason Greenberg Motamedi
22-Jun-2007, 11:45
Likewise, I use Bogen Long Lens Support with an 11x14 B&J. Even at full extension with a big brassy on front it is pretty solid.

Nick_3536
22-Jun-2007, 12:14
Is the Long lens support better then a monopod? Or would a monopod be better?

Keith Pitman
22-Jun-2007, 12:27
I have a cheap, but very light weight monopod that someone left in my car that I use for this with my "big" camera. Works great.

C. D. Keth
22-Jun-2007, 16:37
You can easily do that with a bit of film grip equipment. A C-stand arm would do it as would a c-stand knuckle and an israeli-arm.

Keith Pitman
22-Jun-2007, 17:42
You can easily do that with a bit of film grip equipment. A C-stand arm would do it as would a c-stand knuckle and an israeli-arm.

I wouldn't want to carry any of this in my backpack!!!