PDA

View Full Version : Picture Post

Randy Redford
21-Jun-2007, 12:07
Just thought I would post a few pics here from Eastern Washington taken over the past few days. It was good to go to somewhere totally different from the coast and rainforests that I am used to shooting. Sort of like getting back to my roots, having come from Kansas. Any input would be appreciated. All images taken with Velvia 100 or T-Max 100.

vinny
21-Jun-2007, 13:49
Really nice work!

william linne
21-Jun-2007, 13:51
I really like the color one.

Sanjay Sen
21-Jun-2007, 14:28
I like them all - third one the most. Did you use a deep red filter for the third & fourth images that you posted?

Randy Redford
21-Jun-2007, 15:41
Not a deep red, but a polarizer and a dark orange filter.

Ken Lee
21-Jun-2007, 16:11
Question: During the taking of these photos, by which scene were you the most excited or stimulated at the time ?

Ben Chase
21-Jun-2007, 20:47
Just thought I would post a few pics here from Eastern Washington taken over the past few days. It was good to go to somewhere totally different from the coast and rainforests that I am used to shooting. Sort of like getting back to my roots, having come from Kansas. Any input would be appreciated. All images taken with Velvia 100 or T-Max 100.

Being that this is my current stomping ground, I've seen a lot of these places. Rosalia is a nice spot, people there are very friendly.

In particular, I like your B/W shots a lot. Polarizer for the darkened sky?

You really should come by here in August, we're getting a group together of people that live out here to go shooting. When the wheat is ripe, the hills are quite something to see!

65Galaxie
22-Jun-2007, 04:53
I had a couple of Uncles from Washington. Lived in the wheat country. I'm from Peabody, Ks. Where did you live? Love your pictures. I've tried lately to get more local pictures and am waiting for my trip to Rocky Mtn Natl Park.

John Berry
24-Jun-2007, 19:28
I'm with you. I live in Renton, grew up in wichita. I saw fields of sunflowers while over on the other side of the state. Lots of old homesteads heading up towards collvile,kettle falls area. Looking at alexs' work from kansas, I might have a whole new perspective, other than just getting out. I hear they have color back there now. ( totoville ) Input: Just keep doin' what your doin'. Good work.

nray
2-Jul-2007, 16:13
Very nice. Did you use the polarizer on the second one also?

Randy Redford
2-Jul-2007, 18:50
Yes, the polarizer was used on all of them.