PDA

View Full Version : How many chances?

Paul Metcalf
17-Jun-2007, 20:54
For those of you who purchase from fleabay, how many chances/emails do you allow someone for something not shipped/received until you run the fleaby trapline? This is the first time :( I've had something not show up two weeks after it was shipped (per their email) and have not recieved any responses to my follow-up emails. Thanks.

William Barnett-Lewis
17-Jun-2007, 22:16
File a complaint. It's easy to cancel later but imposible to file if you go beyond any of ebay's various deadlines. If you paid by pay-pal, file a complaint there, first.

I've only had to do so once and eventually recevied the item (an old 283 flash) rather quickly thereafter ...

William

claudiocambon
18-Jun-2007, 10:46
Definitely act now. Maybe send one last email that are about to file a complaint if they don't wise up, if appropriate.

For future reference, always demand tracking information, if necessary before closing the sale, to lessen any possible BS from the seller.

Good luck!

tim atherton
18-Jun-2007, 10:57
Just so long as it's not coming from outside the US

The Post Office delivery guidelines are a fantasy at best...

I've had stuff going US to Canada (and vice versa) which often gets there in 4 or 5 days or even less. I've had stuff take 3-4 weeks. All when the delivery standard is 10-14 days.

But almost everything has always got there eventually. In the last few years I think I've had one item - a used book via abe.com that apparently went missing coming to me. But the bookseller turned out to be such a sleazy character, I doubt it was ever actually sent...

Paul Metcalf
18-Jun-2007, 12:12
For future reference, always demand tracking information, if necessary before closing the sale, to lessen any possible BS from the seller.

Good luck! How do you do that? My experience is that payment has to be sent first before shipping occurs. Especially if using Paypal.

This is a US transaction, in fact, the location noted in the fleabay listing is Tacoma, and I'm in Seattle. Should have been a day or two shipping at most. It isn't a big dollar item, so it's more of a nuissance now.

claudiocambon
18-Jun-2007, 14:56
How do you do that? My experience is that payment has to be sent first before shipping occurs. Especially if using Paypal.

This is a US transaction, in fact, the location noted in the fleabay listing is Tacoma, and I'm in Seattle. Should have been a day or two shipping at most. It isn't a big dollar item, so it's more of a nuissance now.

This has to be sorted out before the sale closes. If the owner is not offering tracking info in his shipping description, ask how much more it would cost to have the delivery confirmation (isn't it $0.45 from USPS?) on top of extant shipping charges, and make it a condition of your buying the item BEFORE you bid. If they agree, great, and if not, beware!

Kevin Crisp
18-Jun-2007, 15:02
Paul: If you don't have a phone number for them then I'd file the ebay complaint now. Watch ebay and paypal deadlines carefully, if you are a minute early or late, you're done for. Watch their feedback and see if other people are getting things closing after yours. A spate of negatives means there is a new problem.

davidb
18-Jun-2007, 15:20
Advise the seller that if you do not have contact with him in 24 hours you will be contacting ebay and paypal.

Have you tried using the contact info?

Paul Metcalf
18-Jun-2007, 16:11
Have you tried using the contact info? Yes, plus he has a web site with phone number contact, which I've left messages but no return calls yet. I'm (sort of) guessing that he might have gotten himself in over his head with trying to be one-person shop. He has a very high rating, and he deals in things like retaining rings, etc, so not high dollar items but more high volume of low dollar things. Anyway, I started the resolution process with Paypal and will see what happens.

Paul Metcalf
18-Jun-2007, 16:23
Glad this wasn't a big dollar item (but I would have been more astute). I looked at this persons rating, and he has like 8000+ positives in the last 12 months but several hundred negatives (all related to shipping or product not delivered or different product). How does one generate that much business? Almost smells like some sort of pass through scam.

Paul Metcalf
18-Jun-2007, 16:36
Ok, this may be getting terribly boring for everyone, but since this is my thread, I'll continue on!:D

I decided to also use fleabay resolution (but I eventually ended up back with Paypal resolution which I've already started) because I'm bored at work. When I entered the item number per the process, it came back and said I needed to go to the "country resolution" for that item, which it said was Canada. Well, I don't have any issues with Canada, but the fleabay listing said the item location is in Tacoma, WA, United States, a wee bit further south than ol' Canada. So, someone in Canada pushing products from the states, at the rate of many hundreds per month? Getting kind of smelly 'round here.;)

D. Bryant
18-Jun-2007, 17:24
ask how much more it would cost to have the delivery confirmation (isn't it $0.45 from USPS?) on top of extant shipping charges, !

$0.65 now.

Don Bryant