PDA

View Full Version : Old Kodak And Ansco Film

David Michael Bigeleisen
17-Jun-2007, 20:40
I just found two boxes of Ansco Superpan Press film, and one of Kodak Super Panchro-Press, type B. All are 4x5, of course. The label on the Ansco film says that it is rated at asa 125. Does anyone know what speed the Kodak film is? Does anyone know how to develop either of these.

Thanks in advance.

David Michael Bigeleisen

John Cahill
17-Jun-2007, 20:45
IIRC, ASA 125. Nice film, too.

John Cahill
17-Jun-2007, 20:49
[QUOTE=David Michael Bigeleisen;250264]I just found two boxes of Ansco Superpan Press film, and one of Kodak Super Panchro-Press, type B. All are 4x5, of course. The label on the Ansco film says that it is rated at asa 125. Does anyone know what speed the Kodak film is? Does anyone know how to develop either of these.

Thanks in advance.
We were still shooting some 4x5 in college in the early 1960s. We souped 4x5 Super Pan Press, Type B, in straight Dektol, for two minutes, constant agitation, because we were in a hurry. Fix, quick slosh in Photoflo, and printed the negs wet, focusing quickly so the negs would not buckle. Later we washed and dried them properly.

Normal developer, on hangers, in DK-50. If you need more info, let me know. I have a 1952 Photo Lab Index in the basement someplace, and I could lukitup.

Gene McCluney
18-Jun-2007, 15:57
I would rate film this old at very low ISO due to age, say 12-25 ISO, and develop for 5 minutes in HC-110b. HC-110 is noted for its supression of age fog on old film..

John Cahill
19-Jun-2007, 14:34
I would rate film this old at very low ISO due to age, say 12-25 ISO, and develop for 5 minutes in HC-110b. HC-110 is noted for its supression of age fog on old film..

Wish I had known that before I trashed 200 feet of 35mm 1999 EFKE KB25. I snipped tested from each roll and had lotsa fog developed in D23.

John Cahill
24-Jun-2007, 13:31
I just found two boxes of Ansco Superpan Press film, and one of Kodak Super Panchro-Press, type B. All are 4x5, of course. The label on the Ansco film says that it is rated at asa 125. Does anyone know what speed the Kodak film is? Does anyone know how to develop either of these.

Thanks in advance.

David Michael Bigeleisen

David,
I just found an old tech sheet packed with Ansco Superpan Press sheet film. Do you want it?
Anscojohn, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA