PDA

View Full Version : Cambo revolving back

J Peterson
14-Jun-2007, 09:48
I've heard of A Cambo SC back working fine on the back of a Graflex. Has anyone fixed a Cambo revolving back on a Graflex Crown? Would there be any reason why it wouldn't work?

ta much

David Karp
14-Jun-2007, 09:51
Unless I am missing something, I don't think you will gain a revolving back this way.

The Cambo back fits into a Cambo camera, and the assembly that the Graflok back attaches to rotates. So, if you remove the Graflok back and put it on a Crown or whatever, you don't gain the revolving part.

J Peterson
14-Jun-2007, 10:11
Ah right. of corse. OK. I was really wanting to add the back to the camera so I can use a cambo reflex hood. I can get a good cambo revolving back and reflex-hood dirt cheap hence the question.

Thanks for your reply.

David Karp
14-Jun-2007, 10:15
I see.

I had one of those reflex hoods for a while, but cannot remember exactly how it attaches to the back. Sorry I can't help you there.

Vick Vickery
14-Jun-2007, 13:57
The reflex hood clamps into the ground-glass frame on the Cambo back. The Cambo ground-glass part will detach from the rest of the back and will go on a Graflock back, but as David said, won't include the revolving part. The Cambo reflex viewfinder will not fit directly on the Crown ground-glass frame without modification.