PDA

View Full Version : Reflex finders on a Graflex

J Peterson
14-Jun-2007, 07:06
Hi, does anyone know of a reflex finder that can be mounted to a 4x5 graflex? I have a Crown Graphic with a Graflok. I've found a cheap linhof finder...does anyone know if it can be modified to attach? Sinar? Cambo?

Thanks, JP

Walter Calahan
14-Jun-2007, 10:15
I've seen one posted to eBay for a couple of weeks. Perhaps it's finally sold by now. I'd check there first.

scrichton
14-Jun-2007, 12:33
best idea would be get it then work out how to modify it. In general the reflex viewers are horribly simple. Therefore an adapter plate could easily be constructed.

Ernest Purdum
14-Jun-2007, 16:18
The one you saw may have been a Polaroid Mp-4 viewer. I've seen several of these on eBay. To use it on a Crown Graphic would require some modification since the MP-4 viewer is intended for use on a camera in the vertical position. Until modified, you'd either have to cut off your nose or suspend yourself upside down.

Frank R
14-Jun-2007, 19:15
The one you saw may have been a Polaroid Mp-4 viewer. I've seen several of these on eBay. To use it on a Crown Graphic would require some modification since the MP-4 viewer is intended for use on a camera in the vertical position. Until modified, you'd either have to cut off your nose or suspend yourself upside down.

I modified one from a MP-3 camera. The modification is simple: remove two bolts and flip the eyepiece so the nose slot is reversed, replace the bolts. Then file the two side pins to fit the viewer to the graflok back.

neil poulsen
15-Jun-2007, 04:03
I have one for my MP4. It's all Graphic stuff, but I don't know if this would work on a the press cameras.

Drew Bedo
15-Jun-2007, 19:23
Hello Neil;

Yes, these Polaroid conversions do work on Graflock backed cameras. Please note that the MP line is industrial grade, and a little heavy. Get one and shoot away.