PDA

View Full Version : Old lens haul (3 of 3)

Rider
13-Jun-2007, 20:08
Finally, here is the Wollensak Verito 8.75". Sorry about the picture; not much light gets through at f45 and life size mag, and I ran out of polaroid film to do it over.

This one is in great shape; there is minimal dust on the interior elements, but not much more than a Shneider with Shneideritis.

I haven't figured out how to remove the lensboard. It seems there are screws holding the lens to the board, which I had not seen before. Is the lens barrel on this thing the same size as Copal three (in other words, I should get a Copal 3 board?).

Diane Maher
14-Jun-2007, 06:08
You should be able to unscrew the lens from the ring which is attached to the board. As for what size it is, I can't tell by looking at it. If you have a copal 3 sized board for another lens, you can see if it will fit around this lens barrel. If not, you will need to measure the diameter of the lens threads ideally with some calipers.

Rider
14-Jun-2007, 06:47
Thanks Diane. I wasn't sure whether the ring is attached to the lens or not (if you know what I mean). I will check it out when I get home. Btw, why aren't all lensboards threaded like this? It would make life so much easier.

Jan Pedersen
14-Jun-2007, 06:49
Rider, A Copal 3 will not give you an opening big enough to keep the f4 If you are willing to sacrifice some of the speed then maybe.
Get it mounted in an old #4 Compound or a #5 Alphax, Betax or Ilex instead to keep the full speed.
Enjoy.

Rider
14-Jun-2007, 07:19
I've been wondering what a "mounting flange" is. Just saw this on skgrimes.com:

"A mounting flange is a metal threaded ring with several holes bored into it which is used to allow a shutter or lens to be installed onto a lensboard. It is permanently attached to the front of a lensboard with screws. Flanges are frequently missing from their lenses. If you have extra flanges, you can fit them to several different lensboards and can then easily switch a lens amongst different cameras." http://www.skgrimes.com/adapter/index.htm

So I think if I take the flange that came with this lens and install it on a lensboard that fits my camera, all I have to do is screw the lens into the flange. Is this correct?

MIke Sherck
14-Jun-2007, 07:26
So I think if I take the flange that came with this lens and install it on a lensboard that fits my camera, all I have to do is screw the lens into the flange. Is this correct?

Correct.

Mike