PDA

View Full Version : What is this lensboard?

Michael Graves
7-Jun-2007, 14:35
So anyway, I got three lensboards for my recently acquired Calument. One of them was bored 51mm which I thought would fit my #3 Ilex and its 10.75" Artar. Two of the lensboards work fine on the Calument, but this one won't go on. The dimensions are right, but it has this ridge around the back that the others don't have and it won't fit the camera. A guy at work suspects it might be for a Graphic View. Anybody know for sure?

Also, it was 1mm too small for the #3. Go figure.

Steve Goldstein
7-Jun-2007, 15:28
If it's 1mm too small for a Copal 3, it might be drilled for a Copal 3S. According to a table on the SKGrimes web site, #3 requires a 65mm hole and #3S is 64.1mm.

Robert Oliver
7-Jun-2007, 16:03
looks exactly like the board from my pre-pacemaker speed graphic...

Ole Tjugen
7-Jun-2007, 23:11
... One of them was bored 51mm which I thought would fit my #3 Ilex and its 10.75" Artar. ...

Also, it was 1mm too small for the #3. Go figure.

A 51mm hole would fit a #2 Compur nicely!

The board itself looks like it would fit my Speed graphic - but I can't see any reason for using any of the lenses that take #2 shutters on a Speed...

Michael Graves
8-Jun-2007, 05:24
#3 Ilex, and not Copal. The Ilex is a much smaller shutter, with a 1.92" diameter hole, according to Grimes. This one is just a hair under that. The board is 4" square.

If it's 1mm too small for a Copal 3, it might be drilled for a Copal 3S. According to a table on the SKGrimes web site, #3 requires a 65mm hole and #3S is 64.1mm.

Dave Parker
8-Jun-2007, 06:06
Its a board for a graphic View I and View II cameras, and should work on some of the press cameras as well.

Dave

RichardRitter
8-Jun-2007, 06:28
Take notice to the 3 smaller holes this board had a flage on it.

Richard

Michael Graves
8-Jun-2007, 07:07
Take notice to the 3 smaller holes this board had a flage on it.

Richard

Correct. They're threaded for screws. Bummer. Guess I won't be about to make it fit. Richard, you wouldn't happen to have a Calument 400 style board drilled for a #3 Ilex for sale would you?

MenacingTourist
8-Jun-2007, 09:00
I should check my lenses but I may be interested in buying this if you can't use it. I've been wanting to try some of my barrel lenses on my 4x5.

Alan.