PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Meetings?

scrichton
3-Jun-2007, 10:32
I know Colin Robertson is in the Western isles so it's a bit of a long distance for me.. So anyone in the Central / Tayside easter block fancy an outing?

Steven

Uri Kolet
3-Jun-2007, 21:46
When? I'm off in October, but I'll need notice; where do you plan to meet and for how long? I was in the Outer Hebrides last year, and never wanted to come home.
Regards, Uri

gari beet
4-Jun-2007, 12:00
Hi Steve, I am on the west coast too but get over to the mainland fairly regularly, when had you in mind?

Uri, let us know when you are over and maybe we cou;d sort some time for a few days out, ever been to Mull or the inner Isles?

Cheers

Gari

Carl Radford
5-Jun-2007, 11:39
I too would be interested but would need a little notice - away for the next couple of weeks in the states!

Colin Robertson
5-Jun-2007, 14:06
Hi Steve. You've made some very interesting posts, and I like your attitude. Best of luck getting a meet together. Don't know if you're aware of this but there is a UK based forum where they DO arrange group shoots, www.lf-photo.org.uk
I did try to register with the site, and got completely blanked by them (twice). Maybe they'd already heard about me :p , or maybe they're tossers. It couldn't hurt to go check them out.
Carl- where are you? Before life in the Hebrides I'm originaly from East Kilbride!!

CP Goerz
5-Jun-2007, 23:26
I'll be back home in August for a few weeks, was anything sorted here?

CP Goerz

Carl Radford
5-Jun-2007, 23:41
Hi Colin

UK LF is up and running - not sure why you can't get subscribed, maybe they have heard :)

We are near to High Blantyre - I always say Glasgow as it saves a lot of explaining to most people. Work in the Gorbals - having just moved there from an office in Castlemilk :)

Spent a lot of time on Outer Hebrides in a former life - want to spend some time on Islay and Jura pretty soon - we have been on Mull & Iona and Harris & Lewis in the last couple of years. Where are you?

All the best, Carl

Hi Steve. You've made some very interesting posts, and I like your attitude. Best of luck getting a meet together. Don't know if you're aware of this but there is a UK based forum where they DO arrange group shoots, www.lf-photo.org.uk
I did try to register with the site, and got completely blanked by them (twice). Maybe they'd already heard about me :p , or maybe they're tossers. It couldn't hurt to go check them out.
Carl- where are you? Before life in the Hebrides I'm originaly from East Kilbride!!

Struan Gray
6-Jun-2007, 00:13
http://web.telia.com/~u83208794/pics/gathering.jpg

Coigach Gathering '06

I will be at Achnahaird Farm (http://www.achnahairdfarm.com/) in Coigach (http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=k&om=1&ll=58.063169,-5.358582&spn=0.056935,0.110893&z=13) for the last week in June and the first three weeks in July. If anyone cares to join up for a spot of late night bog trotting (or whisky if really wet) it would be fun to meet some other LF-ers.

The area's great for photography, hiking, climbing, kayaking, diving and general grockle gawping. Fine food. Dismal beer. Great light.

scrichton
6-Jun-2007, 04:40
Ok I can arrange something for the Mull area definately. The Lochaline part has silicon mines, castles, quick boat to the mainland plus I might be able to swing a deal with John the manager of Ardtornish Estate http://www.ardtornish.co.uk

I'll check more details but all I can say is beautiful area with reasonably easy travel to and from.

Colin, Thanks for the response to my comments and so on. I have to admit I'm quite adament that largeformat participants need shaken up an awful lot here. All the digital non digital stuff and general circular discussions on art. It's always good to be the one who's outspoken :D

scrichton
6-Jun-2007, 04:42
Struan, I'll maybe take you up on the offer. My brother and a couple of us just kayaked up the great glen last week. So a weekend spent taking photos and enjoying some outdoor activities will be great.

We can also rectify the beer situation by careful pre-emptive fridge filling :D

Uri Kolet
9-Jun-2007, 22:58
Gari, my flying schedule prevents me from visiting soon; last year this time I was preparing for a memorable trip to Mallaig, Rum, Eigg, and Muck, followed by a jaunt to Lewis and Harris. O to return every year! Thanks anyway, Cheers.

scrichton
27-Jun-2007, 08:40
Struan,

I'm really sorry I didn't make it up. Unfortunately the job I went to was a bit more involved than ever imagined. 28 camera feeds to central datacentre with a horrific amount of configuration for security. In the end the saturday and Sunday were spent there. Friday was 9am until 6:30am to give you an idea!

Next time I hope and by all means if you are in the Fife area let me know

Joanna Carter
27-Jun-2007, 12:45
...Don't know if you're aware of this but there is a UK based forum where they DO arrange group shoots, www.lf-photo.org.uk
I did try to register with the site, and got completely blanked by them (twice). Maybe they'd already heard about me :p , or...
Colin, I'm sorry you have had problems joining the UKLFPG forum. What name did you use when registering and when did you attempt this?

We have had our fair share of spam-bots sending applications, Sunday saw 44 applications, all of which were advertising various substances hardly conducive to good photography :eek:

Please apply again, using your real name if possible, then I will be certain to recognise you and let you in.

kev curry
28-Jun-2007, 13:41
Carl- where are you? Before life in the Hebrides I'm originaly from East Kilbride!![/QUOTE]

Yes I received a rubber ear2:p

Joanna Carter
28-Jun-2007, 13:59
...Yes I received a rubber ear2:p
Huh ? See my reply to Colin; If you take the care to fill in the form with a sensible name (preferably your real name), there shouldn't be too much trouble. but please bear in mind that spam subscriptions can sometimes blind us to genuine applicants :)

A.C.
3-Jul-2007, 08:05
I managed to register with the UKLFPG forum with no difficulties - perhaps you should give it another go...