PDA

View Full Version : Need info on C-1 8x10 dark cloth wire support.

Will Thompson
3-Jun-2007, 04:11
Can anyone Please tell Me all the original dimensions of the Calumet/Orbit 8x10 C1 dark cloth wire support. I have 2 C-1 cameras with none so I was going to make some to use myself.

Any other info would be much appreciated as well.

Thanks,

erie patsellis
3-Jun-2007, 10:50
will, I just took a piece of wire that fit, bent it almost 90 degrees (slanting upward slightly) out about a foot, 90, 90 about 12 or 13" then the same as above. it shouldn't be that hard to figure out with a few pieces of 1/8" or 3/32" steel wire.

erie

John Hannon
3-Jun-2007, 15:12
I have a C-1 but I use the BTZS cloth and it has an elastic end that goes around the camera back. I think the C-1 has two clips at the top of the back for holding the cloth.

The documents also mention a wire frame that slides into these clips and holds the cloth up like a tent. I didn't get this with my C-1.

Here is a link that may help. This site is great for documentation for many cameras and lenses.

http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/calumetb/p15.html

--John

Chris Strobel
3-Jun-2007, 17:16
I have one.Just measured it.Each side 10 1/2", Back width 12", the short ends that go in the holes 1".Hope this helps.Welding rod looks like a good material to make one.

Chris

Can anyone Please tell Me all the original dimensions of the Calumet/Orbit 8x10 C1 dark cloth wire support. I have 2 C-1 cameras with none so I was going to make some to use myself.

Any other info would be much appreciated as well.

Thanks,

Greg Dejanovic
3-Jun-2007, 17:23
I used hardened spring wire you can buy in any hobby store. Dark cloth is heavy for welding rod. Wire is easily bend in a wise and small "sledgy "hammer.

Hope this helps Greg

Chris Strobel
3-Jun-2007, 17:53
Depends on the alloy and gauge.My Calumet brand wire is very thick gauge.If if you can find hardened spring wire in the right gauge that would be ideal, I've never seen it thick enough here in my local hobby shops here in the OC.

I used hardened spring wire you can buy in any hobby store. Dark cloth is heavy for welding rod. Wire is easily bend in a wise and small "sledgy "hammer.

Hope this helps Greg

Paul Fitzgerald
3-Jun-2007, 19:16
Hi all,

here I was going to thread those holes for thumb-screws and run tension rods to the front standard, never thought of a focus-cloth tent.

Thanks for the info.

Will Thompson
3-Jun-2007, 19:19
Each side 10 1/2", Back width 12", the short ends that go in the holes 1".

Thanks Chris, That is exactly what I needed.

Thank You to the rest for all the input.

I have 2 NEW (scrap) long stainless steel (base loaded mirror mount) CB antenna rods (with only a slight taper) that I was planing to use. I think that they are much longer than I need so I was going to use the thicker end. By doing this I think the taper will not even be noticeable. Most likely I will have to use a torch to bend it or at least to reduce the stress at the bend.

Turner Reich
3-Jun-2007, 20:51
I need one also and was going to thread the holes, I will have to look again at it and decide what to do.