PDA

View Full Version : graflex century graphic......help needed!

catweazle
31-May-2007, 09:47
G'day all

just acquired a Graflex century graphic with a graflex optar 4.5/101mm lens. Bought an additional 2 GRAPHIC 23 backs. The problem is: the 2 backs fit snuggly in the back,but....there is no way they stay put. They aren't locked to the back. I don't see any screws or whatsoever so I can lock 'em to the back. What am I missing or what is the camera missing?:confused:

Dan Fromm
31-May-2007, 09:56
See http://www.graflex.org/speed-graphic/century-graphic.html , look for the picture of the Graflok back.

Your camera should have a slider above and another slider below the gate. This after you've removed the focusing panel.

To attach a roll holder (has to be made to fit a 2x3 Graflok back), remove the focusing panel, position the holder, and slide the sliders so they'll hold it in place.

You just might have been unlucky and been sold a pair of Graflex-made roll holders to fit a Graflex back. If so, you're stuck. Look around on the www.graflex.org site and all will become clearer.

Bill_1856
31-May-2007, 09:59
They should just slide under the ground glass panel, which is spring-loaded to hold them in place. You don't need to remove the GG panel, except for roll film holders, and there are two sliding clips which hold them in place.
(See WWW.Graflex.org)

Dave Parker
31-May-2007, 10:29
Graphic 23's are roll film holders you will have to remove the focus panel to mount them to the camera and the slider bars will hold them on the camera, of course if you got 23's made for the 4x5 or the graphic back, they will not fit.

You best option is to spend some time at glaflex.org and you should be able to figure it out.

Dave

Glenn Thoreson
31-May-2007, 21:03
I answered your question, in detail, over at p.net.

Turner Reich
1-Jun-2007, 02:51
I answered your question, in detail, over at p.net.

What did you tell him over there, I don't get that channel on my tv?