PDA

View Full Version : 8x10-What is it?

Flexnib
30-May-2007, 13:58
Hello All,
First i hope I am in the right forum. Second, I have an 8x10 film holder, contact print frame? It is either one or the other or both. It says 8x10 Graflex but when I pull the dark slide there is a piece of glass. The back has 2 metal springs like on a contact print holder. It is in beautiful almost new condition. I have no use for it and am wondering what would be a good selling price for it?
Thanks
Arthur,NYC

PBrooks
30-May-2007, 14:18
Arthur, it is a Graflex glass plate holder.
Phillip, oh sorry for sale um around 25-40 dollars(ballpark fiqure)

Vaughn
30-May-2007, 14:37
I have a few of those. As far as I know, they are not glass plate holders, but instead are for exposing (in camera) film and other material. It keeps the film very flat against the glass. One can also use film and other material that is not cut exactly in the size needed for regular film holders.

I was thinking of using mine if I play with the "new" cyanotype process (Cyanotype Rex, or something like that that Terry King in England has developed) that has film-like speed.

In theory, the lens-to-GG distance will be the same as the lens-to-the-backside-of-the-glass of these holders. Replacing the clear glass with a sensitized glass plate will have a focusing problems as the focus will be off by the thickness of the glass.

I paid 5 bucks or so, each, for mine.

They also should make fine contact printing frames -- one can use the darkslide to transport the loaded holder without worrying about unwanted exposure.

Vaughn

Jim Galli
30-May-2007, 14:42
I bought 3 on ebay for $32 not too awfully long ago so don't overshoot and hit your foot.

Flexnib
30-May-2007, 15:37
Thanks!

Arthur,nyc

big_ben_blue
30-May-2007, 19:12
If you want to sell it, send me an PM; I would be more than interested in it.

Chris