PDA

View Full Version : Question about Wisner lens boards.

Rider
28-May-2007, 06:30
I have two Wisner lens boards. They both look identical, with similar finishes, except that one is threaded so that all you have to is screw in the front element into the lens, and the the back element screws into the front element. Was this how Wisner made them, or is this an afer market add-on?

Brian Vuillemenot
28-May-2007, 11:25
Must be an aftermarket add on. There are no screw in threads on Wisner lensboards- the screw threads are on the shutter of the lens.

Mike Davis
28-May-2007, 11:50
Sounds like a board with a flange already mounted to me. If that is the case, the whole lens assembly (already mounted in the shutter or in its barrel) screws into the flange. Newer shutters like the copal, slip through the mounting hole and are held in place by a retainer from the rear of the board.

Mike

Rider
13-Jun-2007, 06:10
Must be an aftermarket add on. There are no screw in threads on Wisner lensboards- the screw threads are on the shutter of the lens.

I've since seen another lensboard like that. It's the greatest thing. No need for a wrench. I'd like to have all of my lensboards done like that.