PDA

View Full Version : JOBO 3010 Drum- Needs Repair? or not

eric black
24-May-2007, 17:14
I just won at auction a 3010 JOBO drum that Im curious about the condition of and was hoping some of you can comment on a fix if needed. The drum apparently has the bottom seperate at this point- is the bottom removable on these items? I have attached a picture that shows what I have coming- if it needs to be glued back into place- any recommendations on glues?

Robert Ley
24-May-2007, 17:37
Eric,

The bottom can be glued on very easily. I have used liquid glue in a bottle with a brush, made by testor. Before you glue it on, test it to make sure that all the film cylinders hold water. I bought a used one and one leaked. If they leak, use the liquid glue and a long watercolor brush and coat the seams, inside and out. Try not to be too sloppy on the inner seams. Only when you are sure that the film cylinders will hold water, then glue the bottom back on. That was a good price for that collection of jobo drums. Hopefully you will be able to sell back the 1500 series drums on ebay.

Regards,
Robert

MenacingTourist
29-May-2007, 07:09
I agree with Robert. I had the bottom pop off once while using it and just glued it back on. I also bought one with a known leak (from a LF member) for a good price and had to take the bottom off to repair. No biggie.

These tanks are on my list of things I gladly spent money on. Also on the list is a Harrison changing tent and dry mount press. My life is sooooo much easier because of them.

Alan.