PDA

View Full Version : your cross processed photos

George Kara
23-May-2007, 09:19
Shot last night. Helped along drinking a vodka turpenoid martini. Shaken and stirred.
Fuji 64T E6, 85 filter, processed C41. + 1.33 exposure.

Got a slight sunburn with the speedotron at heavy metal wattage.

Sylvester Graham
26-May-2007, 20:36
Hmm, I was watching this hoping someone would post. George looks like your the only one!
Cross processing seems more something to do with smaller formats, but hey...

George Kara
27-May-2007, 10:58
Here are a couple more. Ive done E-6 film to C41. Which is the previous image. This process doesnt have quite the color shift or contrast change as C-41 film to E6.

C41 film in E6 chemistry. Kodak 160VC

In this test image, the unadjusted output has a funny ambient turquoise color throughout and is really not very useable. The same photo with a grey balance adjustment however shows some real promise for figure work!

The gritty higher contrast with green shift in the shadows has alot of potential for figure or some sort of fashion where the vibe is more important than accuracy. I will certainly try to refine this process.

I dont know why cross process would be used more in smaller formats. Perhaps its the cost of lab work. Since Im processing myself as one shot, I may be more willing to experiment since the cost is quite low.

Michael Gudzinowicz
27-May-2007, 11:34
E6 in C41:

Digital negative image:

Gordon Moat
27-May-2007, 11:41
I have mostly done it with 35mm films, including BW400CN in E-6 (weird Halloween green colour). Seems to have worked okay as C-41 to E-6, as long as I overexpose two or three stops. Some films are more blue/turquoise, though a few seem to work okay. You could always add a warming filter (orange) of some power to knock the blue cast down a little.

My problem with doing this on 4x5 is mostly that I don't really want to shoot a whole box of C-41 film this way. I am stuck with only E-6 locally for 4x5 films, unless I want to mail out my films. That makes it easier to do cross processing with 120 rollfilm, or 35mm films.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
A G Studio (http://www.allgstudio.com)

scrichton
29-May-2007, 13:58
look for the £4 lens thread there's two shots I have in there which are x-pro velvia 100 at 50. Works great corrects very well and used on an old lens the increase in contrast evens out the loss that would normally occur.

I have to admit I will x-pro rather than anything else. If I want accuracy I'll use digital methods of capture now as its a more client orientated thing whereas most colour I will do is my own thing and I have spent the time perfecting the method in 35mm and rollfilm so I'll continue it in sheet film.

My personal recommendation overall though is EPT 160T tungsten overexposed by 1 stop. It is nothing short of perfect. Very close to perfect colour when scanned and punchier than any other x-pro'd emulsion I have encountered.

example of ept 160T:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/139/384633236_317db9f6f4_b.jpg